She was my spirit sister

Start from the beginning

"My spirit sister, and her baby. Have been murdered by the sky people!" Ronal yelled to the clan.

"This war has come to us!" Toniwari yelled.

Tsireya and Nylah'a stood together sobbing.

"We knew about this hunting of the Tulkun, people." Toniwari explained. "But it was over the horizon, far away! Now it is here!"

The clan yelled.

"You need to understand how the sky people think!" Jake yelled. "They don't care about the great balance.

"Listen to him!" Netayam yelled.

"The sky people are not gonna stop, this is only the beginning!" Jake explained to the clan. "You've gotta tell your Tulkun to leave! You gotta tell em to go far away!"

Leave?" Ronal yelled angrily. "You live among us, yet you learn nothing!"

"We will fight to protect our brothers and sisters!" A guy from the clan yelled.

"If you attack, if you fight. Then they will destroy you! They will destroy everything that you love!" Jake yelled pointing his hand towards Ronal's belly.

"Hear my words! Hear my words!" Jake yelled to the clan.

"Stay calm! Stay calm!" Neteyam yelled to the clan. "Listen to my Father. He speaks the truth!"

"Damn it!" Jake yelled running over to Neteyam and pulling the tracker from his hands.

Jake grabbed the tracker and stood infront of the clan showing of the tracker to everyone. Nylah'a and Tsireya looked concerned. Lo'ak turned to Tsireya and watched as she sobbed and showed a worried expression across her face. The clan looked at the tracker in confusion.

"You tell the Tulkun, that if they're hit by one of these, they're marked for death." Jake explained.

Lo'ak looked down having a moment of realisation.

"Call for me, I'll silence it." Jake announced to the clan. "Saving their lives, is all that matters. Right?"

Tsireya and Nylah'a looked at Jake and put their heads down in pain.

"Saving your family." Jake said to Toniwari and Ronal.

The clan began to realise that Jake was telling the truth. Toniwari and Ronal turned to each other and gave each other and nodded.

"Tell the Tulkun!" Toniwari announced.

"Go, go!" Ronal yelled.

The clan began to take off to warn the Tulkun. Lo'ak walked off in the distance and Neteyam noticed and followed him. Tsireya hugged her sister and brother. Neytiri and Jake walked off in the distance distressed.

"We must fight!" Neytiri said to Jake. "Ma Jake, I will not stand and do nothing!"

"It's a trap, they want us to hit back." Jake explained. "They're not hunting Tulkun they're hunting us!"

Neytiri had a look of concern on her face.

~

Lo'ak was near the water, putting his gear on his ilu. As he was about to leave when Neteyam walked around the corner, from the distance.

"No way your rolling out to play, baby brother." Netayam walked in and said to Lo'ak.

"I have to warn Payakan about the pingers." Lo'ak explained.

"No, you've got to keep your Skxawng ass here." Neteyam replied.

"He's outcast, there's nobody to warn him but me." Lo'ak snapped back.

"Bro." Neteyam said placing his hand on Lo'aks head. "Why do you always have to make things so hard?"

Lo'ak threw his brothers hand off his head.

"No, you mean why can't I be the perfect son like you." Lo'ak replied angrily. "The perfect little soldier."

Neteyam turned away from him, Lo'aks words hit Neteyam in a weak spot, which really got to him.

"Well I'm not you!" Lo'ak yelled. "Okay?"

Neteyam turned to him with an angry look on his face.

"I'm not you." Lo'ak said sadly. "He's my brother! I'm going."

Lo'ak began to walk off.

"Oh? He's your brother!" Netayam yelled grabbing his brothers arm as he walked off. "No I'm your brother!"

"Lo'ak!" Tsireya yelled from the distance as Tsireya, Nylah'a, Ao'nung and Rotxo pulled up on their ilus.

"Get off me!" Lo'ak yelled jumping onto his ilu.

"Lo'ak!" Netayam yelled.

"Come back!" Tsireya yelled.

"Lo'ak! Nylah'a yelled.

"Come on he's going after Payakan!" Netayam yelled tapping Ao'nung on the chest and calling to his ilu.

The group jumped in the water following after Lo'ak.

Lo'ak saw them all swimming after him and sped up.

"Come back!" Everyone yelled from the distance.

Lo'ak swam past Kiri and Tuk who were swimming on their ilu.

"There's Lo'ak!" Tuk yelled.

"Lo'ak!" Kiri yelled.

Lo'ak rode off.

"Lo'aks going to find Payakan!" Netayam yelled to Kiri and Tuk.

"Wait up!" Kiri yelled.

Neteyam took a deep breath and dove back under the water, the group followed behind.

The group chased Lo'ak all the way out to the reef.

End of chapter 17💌