As Kie walked back to the kitchen I left money on the table, telling her to keep the change, "Good luck with his temper tantrum!" She called out, sending me a thumbs up.

"I'll need it." I whispered to myself.

To make matters worse I knew JJ would be at my house and I'd be forced to deal with this. After the chateau and his dad left he had nowhere else to go, so he's been staying with me. My parents were gone a lot so it's not like they had a say.

When I entered the house he was sitting on the couch with his feet kicked onto the coffee table, work boots still laced up, "Can you, like, not get mud all over the table?" I asked as I entered the house, "Brought your food since someone had a hissy fit." I tossed the to-go boxes onto the island and sad down. All I wanted to do was eat my food then take a nice shower.

"Oh, I'm sorry, do I not live up to the kook standards?" JJ asked. I heard his feet hit the ground then he took footsteps into the kitchen. I didn't even want to talk to him, he was being rash and calling me a kook really hurt my feelings.

"Shut up." I rolled my eyes and threw a fry into my mouth, "Seriously, just shut up. You're pissing me off."

"Oh no, everyone take cover, kook Princess is mad." JJ held his arms up and backed away from me. He lazily leaned his elbows onto the island and opened his box of food. My foot bounced on the ground as I sat on the stool, my appetite diminishing because of my anger, "Damn kook life, I tell ya." He said under his breath.

"Y'know what!? Screw you!" I shouted and slid my box of food across the counter, it's contents falling onto the floor and making a mess, "I didn't ask for this life!? Okay!?" JJ brought his bite of food down from his mouth and straightened his posture, "I didn't ask for the fancy car or the rich parents or the god damn mansion of a house!"

"Y/n, I'm—" I cut him off before he could apologize. I was sick of JJ having these little outbursts and expecting everything to go back to normal.

"I'm not done!" I held my finger up and took a step towards him, "I have done nothing but love you, be there for you, put up with you lashing out whenever the slightest thing makes you mad!" I stopped when I was right in front of him, "Born in Figure-8 or not you and I both know damn well that I'm a pogue."

"I'm sorry." His voice was quiet and frail with an apologetic look on his face. He reached his hand out to mine but I pushed it away.

"Say it with your chest. Like you actually fucking mean it." I knew that he could tell just how pissed off I was. The small argument turning into much more, "Because I love you but I am not going to let you call me something I'm not."

"Y/n Maybank," He smirked, knowing that if he called me that I would crumble. It was my weak spot, hearing him call me by his last name, "I am so sorry for lashing out and calling you a kook. I just got mad because I worked hard so I could take us out and spend time alone. I want to feel like I can take care of you."

I tried fighting a smile, I was still upset and I needed him to know that, "You can take care of me, JJ, but sometimes I want to pay for our dates. I work hard, too." Which is true, I've never used my parents money to my advantage. Every cent I have it's because I've earned it doing odd jobs.

"I know you do," He gently pushed pieces of hair behind my ear that had fallen, "You are not a kook, I should've never called you that. You're a pogue, my pogue." I lost the battle with fighting my smile because my lips unintentionally pulled into one and I instinctively leaned into his chest as my arms wrapped around him.

"No more lashing out, okay?" I looked up at him and felt his arms around my body, "And from now on we take turns paying."

"No more lashing out, got it, but no turns. You let me pay." He argued. I shook my head with a laugh, I should've known that was coming, "I'm serious. I pay for our dates from now on."

"Fine," I gave in, "And no more arguments, I hate fighting with you. When something is bothering me just talk to me, you know I'll listen." My head returned to his chest and he began swaying us side to side as we stood in one another's embrace.

"I'll try my best, that's all I can promise." He said. I knew JJ had a hard time with communication, expressing his emotions wasn't something he was familiar with.

"That's all I could ask for," I once again pulled away and saw the mess of food on the floor, "Time to clean my mess." I went to the closet and grabbed the broom and as I spun around JJ grabbed it from me.

"Let me," I went to argue but he held his finger to my lips, "Ah, ah, no arguing, let me. Pretty sure you meant to throw it at me anyway." I chuckled and shrugged my shoulder, he's not wrong. I watched as JJ swept the food up and threw it into the trash can. He then grabbed his to-go box full of shrimp tacos and my hand, leading me out into my front porch.

"C'mon," He dragged me over to the porch swing and sat down, patting the empty spot next to him, "Consider this a date redo." My cheeks blushed and I sat down next to him, "These tacos are the best thing ever." He handed me one and I took a bite, agreeing that these are in fact the best shrimp tacos I've ever had.

As we sat on the porch swing I caught myself staring at him, mesmerized by his features. Although he may be stubborn and I may be bitchy sometimes. I wouldn't ask to live this live with anyone else by my side.

______________

I hope this lives up to your request <3