²⁸. 𝐹𝑟𝑖𝑒𝑛𝑑𝑙𝑦 𝐴𝑑𝑣𝑖𝑐𝑒𝑠

Start from the beginning

"Has he proved that to you?" Natasha asked carefully, her playful facade being forgotten.

(Y/N) didn't respond.

"Look, I may not have much experience on the love department, but I do know this," the redhead continued. "Don't run away from the confrontation. Talk to him and settle things down. You may not know what the other wants if you don't talk."

(Y/N) knew she was right. "It just seems to complicated."

"No one said love was easy."

"Woah! Slow down!" (Y/N) exclaimed, looking at her friend with wide eyes. "We haven't gotten there yet."

"And you won't if you don't take my advice!"

"Alright, alright," she calmed down and raised an eyebrow. "Since when are you the one giving the motivational speeches?"

"I don't know, maybe I spent too much time with Steve," Natasha had furrowed eyebrows and she placed her palm against her chest as if she was feeling pain. "It's contagious."

"I'm gonna pretend I didn't hear that."

A third voice entered the conversation and the room, and both women turned around to see Steve walking towards the couch they were on. He had a water bottle in hand and wore his typical tight shirts like he had just come back from a jog.

"What were you talking about?" he questioned, halting his steps to stand right beside the couch.

"Nothing your stubborn single self would understand," Natasha responded with ease, standing from the couch and taking her mug with her.

(Y/N) laughed at the offended look on Steve's face. He had told her that Natasha was too persistent in finding him a date since 'he probably hasn't gone out since the 40's' and how she had made several jabs at him for it. To say that (Y/N) joined in the teasing every now and then was an understatement, and now Steve had two people egging him on to find a date.

She smacked her lips. "Right. How is that going, by the way?"

"Still nothing, thanks for the concern," Steve sarcastically replied, a tone reserved for these types of situations.

"And the nurse I told you about?"

"Sharon?"

"Yes."

"Well, we haven't — " Steve stopped himself after realizing this conversation was straining on a different direction. "You're making me forget why I came here!"

Natasha returned from filling her mug with more coffee and went on to stand by (Y/N)'s side after she'd stood up from the couch too.

"Enlighten us, Captain," she told him and wrapped an arm around (Y/N's shoulders. Natasha leaned to whisper on her ear to say something else. "It's probably not that serious."

Steve's voice returned to his usual commanding tone, though the glint of amusement in his eyes didn't wear off. "Suit up. We found another base."

(Y/N) removed Natasha's arm from her shoulders. "It was serious, you idiot."

"Yay, another mission," Natasha muttered sarcastically, but still gave her a look that said 'how was I supposed to know'.

The two followed Steve out of the room into the king hallway of that floor on the tower. They were going to get ready and do the following routine the seven already had planned out after spending so many missions together. It was simple, everyone had at least 10 minutes to change and grab what they needed, if anyone passed those 10 minutes, they wouldn't hesitate to leave them behind and fly out to the mission. It had happened once to Thor, who couldn't figure out the function of the elevator and took longer than expected, and had to fly on his own to a small city.

The three walked on the hallway and stepped into the elevator after the doors opened, the elevator music drowning the silence before (Y/N) spoke up, curious about their future destination.

"So, where are we headed this time?"

"This country named Sokovia."

After a long time, here's an update

After a long time, here's an update. Another filler chapter but this one was to slow things down before moving onto the next act and show part of y/n's weak spots and fears.
i also wanted to write more scenes with nat and her since their friendship is special to the book.

-see you soon, bex <3