FIFTY SEVEN : REN

fifty seven :
ren

“From now on, you're my responsibility.”

───────────────

The first time that I saw Misaki was during one of our gang meetings back when I was a member of Black Dragons. Her presence really caught my attention because for some reasons, I've always found myself automatically relaxing whenever I see her. It is a good thing? It is.

I've remembered seeing her with a bunch of kids following behind her as she talked with Shinichiro-san that time. A kid with jet black hair and that cute little fang, Shinichiro-san's younger brother and a little girl who's really close with Wakasa-san. I always find it cute whenever they interact with each other, to be honest. I've liked how her face brightened whenever the younger girl with (h/c) hair follow her like a lost duck. I've always liked how she smiled whenever talking with Shinichiro-san and the others.

And that was the time that I realized, I fucked up. I fell without even realizing it and I am too in love to the point that I can't turn back. This damn feeling started with 'I wanted to be friends with her.' and ended up with 'I wanted to be the part of her small world.'

"What's up with you? Creepy."

"That's harsh, Waka-san!" I exclaimed, looking at Wakasa-san who sat next to me. He had a lollipop on his mouth and wore the usual lazy expression on his face. "So, what happened?"

Seeing how he suddenly become serious, I had no choice but to avert my gaze. I was frustrated to myself and embarrassed to the point that I want to jump on a fifty storey building. "I've heard from (name)-chan that there's a weird perverted masochist approached them yesterday and you're the only—"

"Ahhhh!" I screamed before he could even finish his statement. My whole face were flushed just by remembering the mess that I did yesterday and Wakasa-san's playful smirk didn't help either. "Hehe, your image with (name) is kinda funny tho."

Now that I've noticed it. He's been mentioning other name instead of Misaki-san. I looked at Wakasa-san, "Who's (name)?"

"You know, that little cat that follow Misa everywhere? Well, Misa was honestly the one who's been following her." Wakasa-san said with a carefree tone, leaning his back against the bench. I then look at the ground, suddenly remembering the kid yesterday. "Ah! Sister!"

"That's right, sister." Wakasa-san smirked, taking his phone from his pocket and opening it. He typed something as he groaned in annoyance. "What is it? Is it something about the gang?"

"Benkei's got himself into a trouble." Wakasa-san replied with a frown, pinching the bridge of his nose in frustration. Even though I have no idea on what's going on, I immediately realized that it was something troubling for the gang. I watched Wakasa-san stood up, "Do you need my help?"

I was hesitating. Not because I was scared— but because it was still fresh on my mind how one of my friends died a gang fight that involved the Black Dragons a few days ago. And I don't know if I'm already ready to witness another member of my division getting confine on the hospital with serious injuries or worse— dead.

Death is a scary thing— no one know when will it arrive or happen. No one know who will it take from you and losing someone important was the scariest thing that can happen to a person. This is pathetic, how could I call myself one of the top dogs of Black Dragon when I'm a mess?