Short Story Winner

How hard was it to decide? Very. So much so that we just couldn't narrow ourselves down to one winner for this category. Like poetry, short stories challenge us to convey the greatest amount of emotion and messaging in a limited amount of words. You all did an amazing job that and had us chattering for weeks!

This year's Short Story category has come out as a tie between two entries! Your winners are...

.

.

.

Binding Threads by RavingBlack

Praise:

"In just four chapters, RavingBlack created a cast of dynamic characters, each with their own storylines that weave together as seamlessly as Ville can thread a bunad! Somehow, I've learned so much about the cultures, traditions, and styles and become fully immersed in the world in such a short time span. Clearly, the research and thought put into this story paid off. I can't name a single thing I dislike about this book other than that blasted half-cliffhanger ending!"

Shatterstar and Other Cataclysms by Olvaaarrdd

Praise:

"If the Netflix TV show 'Love, Death, and Robots' had a book, this collection of short stories would be it. I hope your tales get animated because I would love to see the cinematic retelling of each of them. This goes to show that inspiration can come from absolutely anywhere; I have no doubt that Olvaaarrdd can craft a winning story about a lamppost, newspaper, pizza, or anything that pops up on a random word generator."

Congratulations to you both!

Once again, finalists, you all did an amazing job. Please do not be discouraged if you did not win because this says nothing about how incredible you all are. You each have so much potential and there are numerous other awards books getting started for 2023; we highly recommend entering into as many as you can while they're still open. For those who would like to receive their scores/feedback, please private message us.