(PS: this picture is so cute🫂🫶🏻)

Shubman huffed as he scrolled through the number of pictures Abhishek had send him.

He didn't understand the hype between and about the two? Why were the mi fans raving about these two?

He begrudgingly closed his phone as he threw it on the other side of the bed.
If Ishan is best friends with Tilak then why does he even need him? He decided he won't talk to him ever.

In the morning the team was arriving in bits and pieces in the lobby to get into the team bus and leave for practice.

He spotted Virat leaning against the bus and probably complaining about Rohit's laziness to Shami who himself looked half asleep.

He then spotted Ishan chatting merrily with Surya and coming towards him, he instantly increased his pace and hurriedly entered the bus and sat beside Shardul who raised an eyebrow at him.

Just like Rohit and Virat sat together most of the times, Ishan and Shubman if in the same squad, always sat together.

He shrugged innocently and pulled out his earbuds and put on his favourite Punjabi music.

"do you think I'm slothful and indolent Shami?" Rohit asked in an offended tone as he and Virat sandwiched the poor guy between them.

"he doesn't think, he knows." Virat interrupted huffing.

"please leave me alone you two, look Ajju is there, eat his brain." Shami joined his hands and fled from the scene to sit with his bowling unit at the back of the bus.

"I do think you're plodding and slack." Jaddu added wisely who was walking behind him.

Virat chortled at Rohit's insulted face. Rohit turned to remind Jadeja who the captain was before he opened his mouth again, "but only when you want to, remember the last time when we were here and you got to know that there is an amazing sushi place nearby who is giving discounts and you got ready at midnight forgetting your sleep to go there."

Rohit's thumped him hard on the back before laughing nervously and glaring at him simultaneously, " kuch bhi bolta h tu Jaddu, chal mere saath."

[you speak nonsense Jadeja, come with me.]

"wait you two went to a sushi restaurant without me." cried Virat as he nagged the other for details of the unforgiving plan.

Shubman smiled at them, he liked his new ipl team but he loved the Indian blues.
This team, his new family who have become such an integral part of his life now.

He still remembers the way he was awestruck when he first met them and now he can actually call these seniors 'bhai' and even knock at their doors even at midnight without hesitation.

Ishan was about to say something to him but Shubman closed his eyes and turned his face away.

Ishan looked at him in confusion and then at Surya in helplessness who patted his shoulder in return.

"Rohit bhaiya." Ishan wailed.

Virat looked up from where he was scolding Rohit and Jaddu.

"Shubi isn't talking to me." he sighed.

"why? What happened?" Virat asked as he shifted to give him the seat next to him.

"Jaddu what did you do?" Rohit asked as he pinched him on the arm.

"I didn't do anything, I just came yesterday. " he said as he pinched him back.

"I'll ask Abhishek and see what that git has done." Ishan snapped his fingers as the sudden idea struck his mind.

He gasped as Abhishek's devilish laugh resonanted through his ears as he narrated his shenanigans of the previous day.

"I'll see you when I come back." he muttered furiously before cutting the call and wailing again, "now what am I going to do?"

"I'll talk to him, he shouldn't get jealous of such trivial matters." Virat patted his back in sympathy making Ishan glance at him deadpan and Jaddu and Rohit choke at the irony.

"talk to him at when we get back, he'll get back." Rohit smiled comfortingly at him making Ishan smile too.

Seeing Jaddu smirk ominously, Rohit leaned towards him and hissed, "if you ever trouble the kids I'll tell Ash about you and your new brewing friendship with Warner." and the smirk did wash off his face.

.........

"get out." Shubman said as he sunk deeper in his covers when he saw Ishan entering his room.

"I won't leave until you tell me what's wrong." Ishan replied stubbornly and pulled his duvet with all his might.

"what's wrong? Everything is wrong." Shubman exclaimed dramatically, "in these two months of ipl, you have found a new best friend and replaced me and----"

"woah woah woah hold on, what on earth are you talking about-? Ishan frowned in confusion.

" Tilak."

" are but he ----" he was cut short by his phone ringing.

" what a connection. Rab ne bana di jodi." Shubman smiled sarcastically at him," ja kar le baat."

[go talk to him.]

Ishan pulled out phone and turned to leave his room when Shubman caught the hood of his hoodie and pulled him back, "esi kya baat karni h tujhe ki mere samne nhi kar sakta. Idhar hi kar aur speaker par rakh."

[What do you want to talk about that you cannot do that here? Talk here and put it on speaker.]

Ishan looked at him in disbelief, he now understood the plight Rohit went through everytime and he instantly felt bad about all those times he had send photos and videos of him and Pollard to Virat bhai.

"Ishan bhai tell Hrithik to give me my bat back." Tilak complained as soon as he picked up the phone.

"he can give the bat to DB but not me." Hrithik complained back.

"he's a batsman, why do you need the bat for?" Tilak argued.

"loooook at him Ishan bhaiiiii, bowler ko bat nhi chahiye hota kya, Remind him about Jassi bhai's magnificent 35 run over. He doesn't want to give it to me. Tell him to go to South Africa with his baby AB." he huffed as he left the room.

[doesn't a bowler need a bat?]

"I'll call you later Ishan bhai, I'll go and see this drama queen first. Bye."

Ishan sighed in tiredness at the duo, they had called him like this multiple times only to fight among themselves and make up among themselves.

"he calls you bhai?" Shubman asked in confusion.

"that's what I have been trying to tell you, he considers me as his big brother not bestfriend."

Shubman bit his tongue as he looked down embarrassed before clearing his throat, "Haan toh I knew that."

"of course you did." Ishan snickered.

"shut up." Shubman rolled his eyes before his eyes gleamed, "come with me, Harry bhai told me about this cafe nearby."

"I think we should check twice if Hardik bhai told you."

"you're right. Let's ask Virat bhai."

"come outside I'm waiting." Ishan signaled as he walked out but came back only to yell, "Shubi!"

"Haan?"

" tere liye sara jag chora."

❁❁❁

Idea for the next os:

"where are you three Jaddu?" Mahi bhai asked in concern.

"in the police station Mahi bhai." he mumbled at he looked at Virat and Rohit in helplessness.

What do you guys think?