Daddy Hundreds

I rewatched Rohit's 264 highlights today since seeing his game in this ipl is making me sad. I always wondered how the team's reaction and celebration would have been so this os.
I hope you guys enjoy it.

❁❁❁

13 November 2014

"I have a feeling that you're going to play well today." Virat suddenly spoke startling Rohit who was gearing up to start the match.

"are you saying this to make me feel better since I was out for so long?" Rohit laughed.

"no no I genuinely feel you'll do good today." Virat patted his back and then Jinks to wish them luck.

Virat smiled broadly seeing Jinks hit 3 fours in the first over.

"I told you, I had a good feeling today."
Sonu smiled at his enthusiasm before he focused back on the match.

Rohit played an entire over dot. Shouldn't have been a big deal considering he had just come back from an injury and this was odi, and odi's always accelerated slow but apparently some commentators did,

"all Rohit does is build pressure on the other batsman. Would have loved to see Robbie open with Rahane."

"Benstokes." Virat sighed in relief when Rohit's catch dropped in the fourth over.

Jinks seemed to be in good touch and even if Rohit wasn't playing big shots, he held onto one end while Jinks hit the balls across.
But his happiness was short lived when Rahane's wicket fell and Rayudu walked out.

"it's okay, you did well." Virat said while Jinks only shook his head. Virat geared to sit in the dugout with the padding done.

"Rohit shouldn't open even though he has been fairly successful so far. Opening doesn't come naturally to him and he is not a good player of swing as well. I strongly believe Rahane should open, Rohit should bat at 4/5 in the worldcup which suits his style better."

Virat fumed when he heard those words.

"let them Cheeku, you know how they are. We know what Rohit is capable of and what he can do. Let him play his natural game." Ravi bhai assured even though he himself wanted to give a befitting reply to who ever said that.

"lots of criticism for Rohit opening. Give him a chance folks, even with a slow start, he capable of ending with a run ball 100. This might happen today also."

And boy did it happen!

Virat decided he loved this commentator.

With Rayudu's wicket falling, Virat took a deep breath before walking on the field.

Big cheers as captain Kohli comes in.

" just do what you're doing." Virat said as they fist bumped.

" Virat said as they fist bumped