Maybe it was the confident smiles and nodes that Virat gave from the non-strikers end, Rohit's game accelerated suddenly.

In the first ball of 23rd over, Rohit completed his half century.

Virat smiled at him before he excitedly spoke, "accept it, I'm lucky for you Sharma."

Rohit chuckled lightly before teasing him back, "yeah just like we Sharmas are your guiding light."

It has been over an year since Virat and Anushka started dating and it never failed to make him blush even at the mention of her.

By the end of 28th over, Virat was batting at 29 and Rohit at 72.

"this is what Rohit, Kohli and Dhoni are good at. Once they start going, boundaries will flow, against any bowling attack."

Virat held his breath as Rohit took his position to face the first ball of the 31st over.
His score at 99(99).

Just let Rohit score that one damn run, he chanted in his head.

" there is the hundred, with a single to the deep square leg and this is some celebration. Rohit runs down the pitch, arms held high, points repeatedly to the skies, goes down on his knees and gets up to soak in the applause from the crowd and appreciation from his captain.

He has come back and made big runs in the international game since August. "

Virat clapped as he walked upto his best friend to pull him in a hug

" I told you I had a good feeling. " Virat pulled out of the hug and even though Virat had only spoken those 8 words, his eyes spoke volumes.

The entire dressing room roared in delight as they clapped for Rohit.

This game, this century was so important for Rohit to tell all those dimwits that he has in him.

"well well! Someone had commented that inspite of the slow start Rohit would eventually reach a 100 of 100 balls and he indeed has."

With Virat's half century coming in next, the best friends were happiest they had been in a while.

Rohit wasn't batting to reach a personal goal, he was batting for the team, to get as many runs as possible.

He was fired up and this was what India needed in their opener who was going to change the dynamics in the coming time.

As Rohit hit the six to reach 150, Virat clapped yet again with a huge smile on his face before hugging him again.

"benstokes nashte mein kya kha ke aaya h tu?"

[what did you have for breakfast today?]

Rohit's breath hitched as the infamous run out happened yet again.