The only source of relief in the drought was, the team was standing in unity. They had refused to take sides and create a barrier between themselves to aggravate the matter more.

But the misunderstandings seemed to only get bigger and bigger with every passing day.

Initially, they were only fighting in the confined spaces, now even the management knew about the differences and that was definitely not good.

Virat had seen Rohit talking with this new management guy multiple times and Mahi bhai glaring at both of them as if he detested them with his entire being.

Rohit who trusted Mahi bhai more than anybody was accusing him of matchfixing. Rohit who loved his Mahi bhai enough to sacrifice his own place in the team was accusing him of dropping him.

MS who could never look at Rohit with any emotion other than fondness was glaring at him. MS who would sacrifice his own happiness for the kid was accepting his hand in dropping him.

Virat's mind instantly replaced his favourite memory of the three of them together.

Flashback

"Mahi bhai." Virat dramatically entered his room to find MS laid on the couch reading some sort of boring book.

"what happened Cheeku?" MS asked without glancing up from the very thrilling and intense chapter.

"Rohit is missing." Virat exclaimed.

"missing from where? Since when? Did you call him? Come let's go and find him." MS instantly rose to his feet, ready to dash out of the room in search of the kid.

"no I mean, I know where he is. He's gone to take Ritika's call." Virat instantly held the captain cool back.

Mahi sighed in relief, "then why would you say it like that?"

"I needed your attention." Virat smiled innocently making MS roll his eyes and hit him lightly on the head.

"don't do that again. You scared me senselessly." he settled on the bed again.

"why? Because you care a little too much for us."

"no but because what would I answer your wives when they ask me why I didn't take care of their toodlers."

The smug grin instantly wiped off Virat's face before he huffed in displeasure making MS chuckle.

"come let's go to Rohit's room. I'm sure he's done talking by now." he dragged him out of his room and into the next.

They were laughing together before they saw a bawling Rohit, sitting in the middle of the bed.

"oh my God what happened? Why are you crying?" Virat went into instant panic mode as he immediately ran to settle beside Rohit.

MS pulled the crying lad into a hug as he whispered sweet nothings into his ear.

"what happened Rohit?" MS asked softly after Rohit had calmed down significantly.

"Ritika's pregnant." he answered in a mere whisper that Virat wasn't sure that he even heard it right in the first place.

"Ritika's pregnant." Virat exclaimed in surprise, "you're going to be a father. Oh my God, I'll be chachu. I'll be the best chachu."

"you aren't happy?" MS questioned glancing at Rohit's face.

"no no I'm happy. I'm very happy but I just...." he trailed off.

"tell me, what is it?"

"do you think I'll make a good father. Papa did the best he could for me and Vishal and I just don't know if I'll be able to do the same for my child. What if I don't get to spend much time with him/her and we don't have that kind of relationship that I had with my father." Rohit finally laid his insecurities.

" Rohit look at me. " MS said firmly making the timid boy glance at him innocently.

" you'll make a great father and I'm sure when your child grows up they'll be immensely proud of what their father has done for the country and them. I'm sure the baby would learn so much from you, the compassion, the care for everyone around, courage, kindness, a little bit of sarcasm." he added the last bit making Rohit smile finally.

"I cannot wait to hold my baby in my arms for the first time." Rohit's eyes shined.

"it's a wonderful feeling, trust me. Ziva would love to be an older sister."

Virat tackled the two in a bear hug before screaming, "can you believe it? Rohit is going to become a father."

"I can't." they laughed as they celebrated and cheered for him.

Flashback ends

Virat needed his family back and he'll go to measures to get it together.

ICT Imagines 2✅जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें