| PART 2. LOSING TIME

you didn't see heeseung ever since the race for pinks.

no one did. it was like he vanished into thin air.

you couldn't sleep well at night, tossing and turning your head at the thought of something terrible that could've happened to him. or maybe the idea that he hated you so much he wanted nothing to do with you anymore.

you couldn't blame him if that was the case. after all, it was your foolishness that made him suffer.

"you cheater," you taut under your breath to yeonjun, arms weakly falling to your sides after letting go of sunghoon's hand. the male laying comfortably in his chariot continued to grin from one ear to the other, patiently sitting up from his laid position.

"try me," he gestured back quietly, quiet enough no one could hear the silent rebut between the two of you. the very words made you grimace, eyebrows sinking in dismay. he unlocked his front door, his dark leather derbies dusted with a thin coat of dust as he stepped out and the crowd parted ways for him. he made haste in trailing towards you and your body flinched at the incoming presence. your filthy heels began to step back, hesitation jittering your legs in uneasiness, "don't you back out of a bet now." he coaxed with his sweet voice, finishing it in a dreadful whisper. the light pushes the audience lashed against your back forcing you closer towards your impending doom.

"i'll clue you," you stubbornly responded through gritted teeth, darkened eyes narrowing and the intrigued boy halted in his shoes, "you've just ruined your career before it even started," your words made his questioning gaze lift and he was breathlessly chuckling at your remark, slender fingers combing through his gelled brunette locks in amusement. the flock of students murmured amongst themselves, pondering why you said such a claim.

definition:'i'll clue you'. > i'll give you a hint.

"like apple butter, ts'what i like about you the most," he shook his head side to side gently and you felt a flame lit under your cheeks in embarrassment at his unexpected reaction. his perfect teeth shone, smiling as he finished his brief laughing session and walked the final steps in your path. there was nowhere to turn as the crowd filed behind wherever yeonjun went and you lost count of the number of faces you didn't recognise.

"y/n!" sunghoon's low voice was drowned out by the noisy woos and cheers the opposition exclaimed and just as you spun around to track your friend, choi's heavy hand placed itself on your shoulder to prevent you from leaving.

your breath hitched in your throat when he tore off sunghoon's jacket around your shoulders and threw it behind him like it was a lousy pile of threads. the cruel gesture made you want to catch it before it could get soiled in the dirt and trampled on like some carpet but you couldn't. the sudden cold breeze against your once again bare skin indented with divots of goosebumps and you loathed the chain of catcalls that came with it.

"let's hit the road, we've got a long night ahead of us," he replaced sunghoon's jacket with his own and not even the foreign warmth of his could subdue the goosebumps on your skin. you couldn't imagine what dastard thoughts sunghoon was thinking of while he watched you get chauffered into yeonjun's car.

maybe he was fighting the crowd to get his jacket back instead. you wouldn't know because as soon as you sat on the leather-clad seats of your enemy's car, you never looked back. as a familiar bundle of voices shouted out your name, you were glad you didn't because you couldn't handle the humiliation of being taken so easily.

the transforming evening sky had swirled the orange hues out, now darkened in a rich mixture of navy blue and purple, white bright splatters painted across the view. the car ride was silent, the only form of sound leaking through yeonjun's overpriced aux. his concentrated fingers tapped to the beat of the song, the dark leather-encircled steering wheel sounding flat and dense each time he hit it.