Chapter 11- Zukos not so Special Place

The day was hot (as usual) and Aang and I had gone down to the markets to get meat. We haven't had meat for the longest time and I was actually excited to go. I wanted pork and chicken so bad.
Only problem was, we had to walk to the market. You couldn't exactly just ride on a giant monkey everywhere. (Sorry Appa)
The market was really crowded but Aang and I made it through easily. (Who said you can't use a little bending when you need it?)
"So what's going on between you and Zuko?," Aang asks randomly.
I cringe a bit. "I'm afraid you know."
"I'm not really ready to know,"
"I'm sorry Aang."
"We all knew it would happen," he says.
"Uhm...so what meat are we getting?"
"Whatever meat is there," Aang said.
"Aang not everyone you like is going to like you back. You've got to get over this so we can be friends again. ,"
"Katara what if we just weren't meant to be friends?,"
"Then why would I be with Zuko?"
"Nothing always works out the way you would expe- you and Zuko are officially together?,"
"No. Kind of. No I'm not sure. Come on we're almost here lets go, okay?," I felt a little panicky. Love life was never my #1 thing.

Aang arrives at the market and buys pork and chicken. I really hope it wasn't because of me. The walk back is silent, and I'm glad. I'm such a mother figure until it comes to certain things. Like this.

"When I kissed you, did you feel anything?," He asks out into the empty air.

Oh god.

"Besides your lips?," I force a laugh.

He scrunches up his face. "You know what I mean,"

"Look! We've arrived Aang! I can take the meat to the cold thingie hahaha," I was in full panic mode. I just want to talk about the stupid random things again. Not feelings.

I took the meats (they were very heavy), and walked into the cold room. It wasn't really a 'cold room' it was more of just a small room in the back with a tiny box where we keep things that need to be frozen. It's boiling hot here so we have to eat our frozen foods within the next day.

I was struggling to lift up the box with my feet because my hands were occupied.

"Hey, I can help," A familiar voice says.

"Zuko!," I say in a high pitched voice.

I stumble and lose my balance a bit, and the meat start to slip out of my hands. Zuko runs over to me and takes the meat.

"Are we going to eat these today or tomorrow?," He asks.

"I hope today. It's been awhile since I've had meat. By the way, thanks. I needed help."

Zuko smiles but then puffs out a big thing of air. He was struggling to hold the meat too. How cute.

I dig my nails under the box cover and pull it open, allowing Zuko to put the meat into the box. I shut it tightly and brush off the slight dust that formed on the top of the box.

"You really always are there for me, aren't you?," I ask.

"I try" He smiles, his scar raising on his face.

I never thought about it too much, but I find him very attractive. His hair is a beautiful dark dark brown and his face is kind. His hand is soft, but safe like a mans. His eyes are a brilliant brown, and he's always warm.

I get lost in my thoughts and Zuko just stares at me. I wonder what he would be thinking.

"I'm going to take you on the date. But I don't know if you'll like it," He says.

The room feels even more quiet. "Why wouldn't I like it?," I ask, my voice slightly shaky.

"I guess we'll just see. Are you ready?," Zuko asks.

"Zuko honey, we both smell like meat. We should at least change," I say.

He laughs a bit. "I thought you loved the chicken smell," He says.

I laugh too. "Not when its on my boyfri-" I hold my breath. "Uhm I didn't really mean to....uhm...say that, you know? Haha." I really can't hide awkward when I feel it.

"I'm going to change." He says, walking out.

But he stops for a second.

"Katara?,"

"Yes?,"

"I don't mind at all."

His face starts turning red and he runs off.

I hold my hands to my heart. Oh Zuko Zuko Zuko Zuko. I am so falling for you.

I walk out of the cold room with a slight blush on my face. Toph appears around the corner and I jump.

"Sure took ya a while in the cold room," She grins.

I raise an eyebrow. "How would you even know?," I ask.

"Aang talks about you a lot. He seems really worried. Or maybe it's just that huge crush he has on you," She keeps grinning.

"Can everyone here get a hobby? Or maybe focus on more important things. Like how we've been living off of fruits?,"

Toph reaches out to find my shoulder. She pats it. Which was weird. Normally we don't really interact. "Aang is a good kid." She said. "But it's a good thing that you could see your true feelings. That you could stop being a mother and allow yourself to experience different kind of love. Also, Zuko is a good guy too. Things may have been rocky at the start, but he has proved himself to us. He really cares for you. Now I'm going to go and roll around in the dirt. Bye!!!,"

I feel a bit confused but manage a smile.

Everyone here is crazy.