"Sammy saw a poster of RR yesterday and she instantly recognised you and Yuzi." Rohit laughed in delight, "yeah thank you, bye. See you."

Rohit shook his head smiling, feeling a lot better already. He turned to walk inside as well before he almost bumped into Virat who stood like a rock in front of him with his hands crossed.

"Kya kar rha h?" Rohit asked irritated, rubbing his arm which he bumped into the wall.

[what are you doing?]

"mein kya kar rha hu? Tu kya kar rha h?" Virat let out an exasperated sigh, moving his hands around dramatically.

[what am I doing? What are you doing?]

Rohit's face morphed into confusion before he looked around to see if anyone was watching because if anybody saw them like this, a new rift rumour would go into the market and this time Mahi bhai would really chop their heads.

"udhar kya dekh rha h? Idhar hu mein, mere se baat kar." Virat snapped his fingers in front of him.

[what are you looking there? I'm standing here, talk to me.]

Rohit held Virat's arm and dragged him into the room before letting out a sigh in relief, "now tell me, what is wrong with you?"

"you aren't happy that we won."

"of course Virat, I should be happy and celebrating seeing the opposition team win." Rohit replied sarcastically.

Virat's face instantly fell. Did Rohit really not feel good for him? A thousand thoughts started running in his head at the same time. Rohit noticed his expressions change and instantly realised his mistake.

"sit here." he ordered before pulling him and pushing him onto the couch when Virat made no signs of movement.
He dragged a chair infront of him and settled on it.

"as a captain I'm very unhappy at how we performed and that we lost but as a best friend I'm proud of the way you played today. Your shots were pure class and I almost fangirled at them." he laughed at the last bit.

Virat grinned in response understanding the meaning before slyly asking,"but Faf played well too, don't you think he deserved some praise as well?"

"listen to me." Rohit's expressions turned serious as all trances of playfulness wiped off his face, "just because I didn't say anything doesn't mean I don't know what's going on behind my back. I saw the rcb unboxing video and I saw the way you clung to AB and now you have to hug Faf and Maxwell as well on literally anything. Tune kya theka ke rakha h sabko hug karne ka. If I see you sticking to anyone from that team one more time, I'm coming to whack you. "

[have you taken the responsibility to hug everyone?]

"shaant gada dhari bheem, shaant." Virat gulped as he fanned him with his hands seeing the ragging Rohit.

He shouldn't have brought it up but seeing Rohit's cheeks turn red in anger and jealousy was something he enjoyed a little too much for his own good.

" Rohit bhai, Polly is calling you." Tilak cleared his throat from the door, shifting on his feet nervously seeing the two legends sit together in the team.
He politely nodded at Virat, "hello Virat Sir."

He had heard about their friendship from Ishan and Jassi but he still felt starstruck seeing them.

Especially Virat Kohli because  he was well, The Virat Kohli.

Rohit got up but Virat held his arm and made him sit back, "oh Tilak, you did well. Keep going and please don't call me Sir ; bhai, bhaiya anything is fine." Virat smiled at him, "and please let Polly know that Rohit is with me and he'll come after sometime."

Tilak looked at Rohit who nodded in affirmation and Tilak fled from there probably to boast to Hritik about his encounter with Virat and how he asked him to call him bhai.

"Polly is calling you." Virat mimicked, "how dare he call you? What about the agreement that you signed that you'll not be sticking with him?" Virat howlered pointing an accusing finger in his direction.

Virat made an agreement prior to ipl every year that they would not replace each other. Since Rohit was now the only senior in mi, it was only Pollard but with Virat in rcb, it was literally everyone and with Virat's hyper excitement nature, Rohit made sure to send him that messily written message with their signs on a takeout box (that was the only thing they found to write on) every morning like a good morning message Desi uncles send.

"the team bus might be leaving so.." Rohit suggested meekly.
Somehow Pollard always managed to call him at the wrong time.

"does it look like I care? You're not going." Virat declared with his hands up, a clear message that the conversation was over.

"accha baba, nhi jaunga, khush? " Rohit joined his hands in surrender, "now let's go. I'm hungry."

[alright, I won't go, happy?]

Virat smiled victoriously before he remembered the conversation with Jos, "wait when did you meet Jos? And how dare you lose the charger I got you?"

"can we please talk about this later? I'm genuinely starving." Rohit immediately pulled his best puppy eyes.

God damn, if Virat got to know about Jos, he was screwed.

Virat let go of it for the time being before grunting, "I'm sending you a new charger today. Use that one and give his  back or throw it away and mind you this conversation is not over yet."

❁❁❁

a/n: hello sooo I hope you liked the OS. I legit rewrote it three times and I'm still not satisfied but whatever, this was what I could come up with.

Also for all those people messaging me for the Spain Trip update, first of all thank you so much for the immense love and secondly I'll try updating as soon as POSSIBLE. XO