New Moon Eclipse

The New Moon Eclipse

Tess quickly put my dress on and waited for Alpha and Beta to walk over. I sat down staring blankly at them. Why didn't anyone else shift? And why did Tess put my clothes on we were about to go running again? "Layla?" Alpha asked, like I was someone else. I nodded and turned my head to one side. "How did you shift?" He asked slowly. My head turned more.

"Umm... like I always do." I stated he looked around at all the wolves staring at us, even the hunters stared blankly. Why did he ask me such an obvious question? Everyone looked up into the sky at the little red sliver of the moon.

A huge sigh went through and we stood there watching it a little longer before the others shifted.

It was dawn before they shifted and moved away from the cabin.

Josh's POV

Stupid meeting. I didn't want to go, but now that I'm in on my dad's big secret we do everything together now apparently. He wants me to meet all his buddies and go to the meetings like we were the best of friends. But Tess's words still went through my head. "You dad has been killing my kind for years." I glanced at him, not believing it. I mean I know my dad is hard assed and stuff, but he's never lifted a gun in his life. Then again the guys sitting behind me weren't all holding guns.

One even had a sliver whip! So I figured out that silver is their weakness, so everything is made out of silver. The guys held their weapons like a child really, gently caressing them and one even kissed the side of his blade and smirked at me. Let me tell these guys make gay guys look straight!! (A/N: I love gay guys, just making a point). One seemed to have a never ending supply of weapons, he was the one holding the whip. But the third guy seemed really normal.

He looked as pissed off as I did about going to this stupid meeting. He glared out the window, the only thing I saw on him was a single hand gun. It rested lightly in his lap, his hand gently on the hilt.

"We're here." My dad said pulling to a stop and getting out giving me a proud smile. If this is what it took to make my dad proud of me I was better off before. "Lets get this meeting over and dome with." My dad said looking at me.

"I hate you." I hissed glaring at him. He rolled his eyes and shook his head a smile still on his face. He still didn't get it. I walked behind him slowly, hoping to find some way out of this.

The inside of the cabin was warm, a blazing fire burned at one end of the wide open room. Above it was a painting of a dark haired man. He smiled at the room like these people were his children. I pulled out a seat beside my grinning father and slumped down in my seat. People were talking loudly, but I plugged in my headphones and ignored it all.

A man stood up and started speaking, his words just made it through my blaring music. Peeking up I saw a man throw something on the table and gory images spilled over the table. One of them landed in front of me.

A little girl was huddled over a woman's body, her face red from crying. Beside her a giant wolf laid on the ground soaked red. Other images filled the scene, dead wolves a headless man. I pulled some of the images towards me and flipped though them people were shouting around me. The next one in my hand froze every wire in my body.

A white faced wolf. It didn't look fierce like in the woods the other night. In fact it looked really scared, tail between its legs standing between two giant wolves. They both looked dead.

I sucked in a breath as I saw the light fur on its back turning red. Everyone froze and looked at me.

I glanced up and stared back at them headphones falling out of my ears. Several faces stared me down. Apparently I missed the epic fight that took most of everyone's attention.