Equations to be Solved

Layla's POV

I curled up on the floor of my room. It was really the spare room in Alpha's house, but I officially claimed it. My hip was throbbing. The bullet had done some pretty heavy damage, and would take some time to heal. But that wasn't the reason I was sitting on the floor, and preventing the door from being opened.

"Layla are you alright?" That was why.

I'm still mad at Alpha for leaving me for the Hunter that night. "Open the door now!" He commanded like my father.

"Go away!" I mumbled loud enough for him to hear.

"What is this about?" he cried frustrated. Hot tears pricked in the  corners of my eyes, but I didn't answer. "Open this door Now Layla!" He hit it loudly, making the door shudder. I was still quite, ignoring him and hugging my knees.

"Go away." I whispered, hoping the sadness wouldn't be heard in my voice. There was silence on from the hall, then slowly his steps faded away. I put my face in my arms and shuddered with my sobs. I was hurt and angry. Ever since I got home I had been sitting in here, trying to avoid him.

Three times Beta tried to coax me out, Tess twice. That was the first time Alpha had come by, and so far he had been the most forceful. I guess he hadn't quite figured out how why I was so mad. Who wouldn't be mad? I felt lost and abandoned when I saw him show up, ironic. But it was the fact that he was human and wearing pants that made me so mad. He had somehow managed to find the time to stop, shift and find a pair of freaking pants! Then decide that 'oh that sounded like Layla, she sounds like she's in trouble! Maybe I should go help her...'

The thumped. "Pookie?" Beta asked softly. I stopped crying but stayed silent. "Will you please talk to me?" He begged. "There's no reason to be scared." Scared? I wasn't scared, far from it as a matter of fact.

"I'm not scared." I grumbled glaring across the room.

"It's okay." He whispered, not believing me. "Let me in please?" He stood up, the door shifting under his weight. "Just let it out okay?"

Let it out? I pondered that and got up. Gathering up my strength I opened the door and walked out. Beta held his arms out for a hug, but I brushed past him and headed to the kitchen. Alpha was sitting at the table, him and Tess were arguing about something. The room silenced when I stepped in.

"Layla?" they said together, shocked by my entrance.

"You want to know why I locked myself in my room?" I grumbled looking up, and lost it. Pain and anger flowed through me. "I'll tell you why! YOU DECIDED TO GO GET SOME FREAKING CLOTHES ON WHILE I WAS FIGHTING A HUNTER!! YOU MANAGED TO FIND THE TIME TO NOT ONLY SHIFT BUT FIND A PAIR OF PANTS AND THEN DECIDE IT MIGHT BE TIME TO GO FIND ME!! THE SHOT WENT OFF ONLY A FEW SECONDS AFTER YOU CROSSED THE RIVER IT WOULDN'T HAVE TAKEN MUCH TOO JUST TURN AROUND AND FIND OUT WHAT IT WAS!!! BUT NO! YOU HAD TO GO AND WAIT UNTIL I WAS ABOUT TO DIE THEN SHOW UP!!! THEN YOU WANT TO KNOW WHAT'S WRONG AND THINK I'M SCARED! I'M NOT SCARED NOW, BUT THEN I WAS!! I WAS SCARED FOR MY LIFE AND FOR EVERTHING!!" I screamed at him. The room was still silent, three pairs of eyes watching me. "I WAS HURT AND ABOUT TO DIE AND THE ONE PERSON WHO SAVED ME HAPPENS TO BE THE KID OF THE MAN WHO KILLED MY FAMILY!" I snapped hitting the table. It gave a creaking moan and made my hand throb painfully. Everyone stared at me, just... stared. Alpha's mouth was hung open, Tess's eyes were wide open and Beta was looking like a deer in headlights. Tears were burning my cheeks now, sometime during my rant I had broken out crying, it blurred my vision slightly.