Chapter 5: We Meet at Last

Just a warning, some things in this story will be slight different than canon ie: Nakime killed Shinobu's sister, not Douma. (Just in advance there are quite a few little things that are different.)

I got a letter back from Tamayo only 30 minutes before I had to arrive at Kagaya's estate.

Dear Kibutsuji-san,

Thank you for the invitation, I will be arriving at Kagaya's estate shortly. I do know him slightly, but I would not say that we have seen each other as of late. I'm glad things were able to work out well with him. If this gives you any solace, I did take your blood so I should be able to contact you. I am trusting that you genuinely have removed any curse from the blood you gave me and thank you if you have. I am getting closer to creating a remedy thanks to you, even though it is your fault that one is needed at all. Nonetheless I wish you well and look forward to seeing you soon. Farewell for now,

~'•Lady Tamayo•'~

"She never fails to surprise me," I mutter under my breath with a smile. With that, I'm certain that I can count on three people to come, so now I simply need to escort Nakime there and hope that Tamayo and Ume arrive in time. I call for Nakime and she appears, her yellow eye still covered by her mess of hair.

"Is it time to go, Kibutsuji-sama?" She asks complacently with an indifferent expression.

"Yes, it is, shall we see ourselves off?" I say, unaware of the remaining look in my eyes.

"Y-yes K-Kibutsuji-sama," Nakime stutters, "I believe that would be for the best." With that she strums a cord on her Biwa, sending us to the location I set, directly within the Ubuyashiki Estate. As we enter, it appears that we are a few minutes early, so Kagaya is the only one there.

"Ah, greetings Kibutsuji-san," Kagaya says with a faint smile, "aren't the stars beautiful tonight?"

"Yes, they are," I say lightly, "when do you suppose the others will arrive?"

At last Nakime who has been standing back and watching speaks up, "U-uhm, Kibutsuji-sama, why are we here? Isn't this the master of the Hashira whom you always speak of killing? Why do you exchange such friendly greetings with him?" She looks concerned as if she were the only one who didn't know something.

"The time for explanation will come later, Nakime," I state in a calm tone.

"Yes Master," Nakime responds, head hung low. The next to arrive is Daki, or should I say, Ume. She knocks on the door cautiously, knowing who this home belongs to. She's greeted by a worried Nakime, who is put at peace to see a fellow Upper Moon.

"Nakime-san?" Ume asks the higher ranking demon, "why are you here." She snaps with a glint in her eyes and a bristle to her tone.

"I don't yet know the answer to that, Daki," Nakime responds monotonously, "but Kibutsuji-sama says we will be told in due time." Daki simply nods her head, but her face still displays hints of uncertainty. Then, at last, Tamayo arrives, which sets me at ease. I know I can now speak to her mentally, but luckily the blood I gave her didn't change her appearance, craving for flesh, or immunity to the curse. Kagaya seems surprised to see her, seeing as the two were old acquaintances.

"Kagaya-kun!" Tamayo exclaims, "It's been so long since I saw you last!"

"Tamayo-san?" Kagaya ponders, "I didn't know you would show up. Since when were you communicating with Kibutsuji-san?" Then, Tamayo continues to explain all the past events to Kagaya, his face remaining unchanged even while taking in all the information. Ume and Nakime are visibly confused about what's going on, seeing as the head of the demons, the head of the demon slayers, and the traitor Muzan wanted dead are all peacefully coexisting in one room.

"Muzan-sama, forgive my question," she pauses bracing herself, "why is this traitor here? This is certainly a trap to take down two of your enemies at once, right? It has to be."

"Not exactly," Ume looks confused that I don't fight her for questioning me, "This won't make sense yet, but I am trying to form a truce with the demon slayers and find a way for both species to coexist on earth in a way that compromises the lives of neither side, and makes it so there is only one side in the first place." Daki was about to respond, when suddenly a knock on the door makes us all turn our faces.

Shinobu POV

Me, Giyuu, and Mitsuri were specially selected by Oyakata-sama for a special mission that was supposed to save everyone. At first, I was honored that Oyakata-sama would choose us for such an important task, but soon it becomes clear that being sent on a mission with gloomy Tomioka-san was no such thing.

"Ne" I call out to Tomioka-san, "Ne, Tomioka-san isn't the sky pretty?" I get no response from him, and we all just continue walking.

"Tomioka-san, why are you ignoring me?" I ask, my eye twitching ever so slightly.

"Shut up, Kocho-san," Giyuu says with a dead serious glare.

"Ne, ne, Tomioka-san, this is why nobody likes you," I say, returning his glare. Mitsuri just watches us bicker like a movie, saying, "oh my, oh my," every once in a while. At last, we arrive at the Ubuyashiki estate, and I turn the wooden doorknob with a smile. I blink once, and then I blink again, making sure I'm not dreaming. Right before my eyes I see upper 4 and upper 6, greeting me at the door. Upper 4 who killed my family.

"What. The. Fuck." I glare at 4 and 6 with so much burning, pent up rage. Even though I know that I could never win this fight, I unsheath my sword and slice it towards 4. Suddenly, someone is in front of my nichirin blade, impaled hand bleeding, face bearing a soft smile.

"Oyakata-sama?" I startle at this turn of events, "Why are you protecting this monster? She killed my family. My family! What is the meaning of this? And...and your hand! Your... bleeding. Gomenasai!" Then a figure stands up from the back of the room. She has pale purple eyes and dark black hair pulled into a tight bun. I can sense that she is a demon, but she bears no kanji in her eyes, signaling that she is not a Kizuki. She extends her arm and drags her long nails against her forearm causing her blood to spill to the floor, and flowers to bloom around her.

"Blood demon art, illusory blood," she speaks, activating her power. My mind starts to feel fuzzy, and with that me, Giyuu, Mitsuri, 4, 6, and Ubuyashiki-sama fall to the ground. The last thing I hear before I black out is her talking to someone farther back in the room, "Perhaps...humans are not ready to converse with the demons they have learned to hate. I'm sorry to say your plan may not have been the most solid, and there may be no peaceful way around this."

"You think I had a solid plan when I talked to you?" a mysterious voice speaks, and I hear light laughter from the woman at this. Who are they? 

A/N: For any Giyuu x Shinobu shippers, there's a chapter that revolves around them soon, but it's not really clear whether they're together or not (they are though).