~Foundation Day~

National Foundation Day. 

It's an annual festival of Belexmof, the empire is said to be blessed by the Sun God.

 The date is chosen by an oracle every year, it's an important festival and is customary for the imperial family as well as nobility to gather at the palace and listen to a commemorative speech

 The date is chosen by an oracle every year, it's an important festival and is customary for the imperial family as well as nobility to gather at the palace and listen to a commemorative speech. However, the festival is held under a clear sky with bright sunlight beaming down unlike now with days continuing with a heavy downpours of rain.

"Princess, you'll get wet if you get close," said Elle, the maid.

All I could see was the emperor and his assistant were discussing at a distance."Your Majesty it seems we must move the festival date to a later date. Although I'm certain we even got confirmations from scholars and mages that there would be no chance of rain these days.

"This is the first time anything has gone wrong in their predictions. So they seem to be confused as well" said his assistant worriedly.

The emperor replied with a tense voice. "......I understand we'll delay the festival." 

"Set another date and report it to me."At that time, I don't know what drew me. I was terrified it all might be true

 I was inside a novel and turned out to be none other than the villainess. All I could think if this goes on, it'd be the same way it went as it was in the book and ultimately I would die. I ran towards them, stomping on the wet grass and running as fast as I could with my little legs.

"Princess?!" called the maid. But I was so drawn back that I neglected everything that was going on."You can't father." 

"Please, I beg you don't postpone the National Foundation Day?" 

"You can hold the commemorative speech indoors, just don't delay it!"

I said sloppily catching a breath from the run.

"Oh my, princess." called the Maid while trying to get a hold of me. "Please, father." I said with my voice on the verge of crying.

But what more could I have expected? I knew deep inside he'll go away and ignore me like he always did but still, I at least wanted to give it a shot.

"Let's leave now." declared the emperor while he stomped back to the door.

"But the princess-" interrupted his assistant.

"MUST I LISTEN TO A WHINING OF A LITTLE CHILD AS WELL?"

"JUST BECAUSE SHE DARES BLOCK THE PATH OF THE EMPEROR MERELY BECAUSE SHE WANTS TO SEE A FESTIVAL?" glared the emperor and went away

I knew it would be like this. But his words hurt more than I thought they would.As he went away, I was still standing all alone in the rain.

"Princess, let;'s go inside or else you might catch a cold." said the maid."Give me your hand!" frowned the nanny with a face burned with anger while holding a thin wooden stick.

"I can't ignore what happened this time." And slapped it hard on my right hand. I flinched."HOW STUBBORN! DOESN'T EVEN SAY SHE'S WRONG EVEN A SIGLE TIME!" stomped off the nanny through the door.

"Princess, we'll apply for some medicines so please sit down." said Elle the maid.I sat on the sofa behind me. "Princess, why did you do that?"

"You should've pleaded to the nanny that you were wrong. And both you and us maids would get in less trouble." said Elle worriedly while applying for the medicine. I couldn't even utter a single word, my face was pale and despairing with all the thoughts devouring my head.

"Don't be heartbroken princess. The nanny is just an emotional person she'll calm down soon. Since Foundation Day is a week later. She might even permit you to go there." said Lara, another maid standing behind Elle with a worried smile.

"Since it's getting late, the princess should sleep soon," said Elle

"I will." I said.

"We'll take our leave." said both of them.

I went to my bed while I tried to gather my thoughts in one place.