~The Beginning~

"PRINCESS!!! PRINCESS!!! WAKE UP!!!" called the maid.

"It was the nightmare again." I thought.

I got used to this life. Seeing these nightmares was usual for me now.

But still, like always something inside my heart always asked,

"Has it always been like that for the last 21 years of my life?"

Days went by so soon that I still feel like it was yesterday I entered this world, this palace, everything.

But the first day is still unforgotten by me.

{Flashback to 21 years ago}

At the age of 15, I lost both of my parents in a car accident. People may call it mercy by god that I was saved but for me, death would have been better. Years later, I worked hard, earned hard, and did everything I could to survive.

That day, I was just on my way home, after my long overtime office hours. Seems like luck didn't favour me just like it has been all my life.

I was hit by a truck in a fraction of a second.

I woke up feeling all strange feelings inside my head

I woke up feeling all strange feelings inside my head. My head was full of thoughts trying to process what happened. The heavy feeling in my heart was all which I couldn't comprehend. I rose from the majestic bed.

I saw my surroundings, it was all so strange like I have been back several centuries earlier. The ceiling, the maids, the dresses, everything was like it was in a palace.

"Princess Philomel, your nanny is asking for you."

I couldn't understand until I heard that name, Philomel.

Everything flashed before my eyes.

YOU'RE MINE was the name of the book I read not too long ago before my death. 

I read novels quite a lot but this one was the only one which left me doubtful

I read novels quite a lot but this one was the only one which left me doubtful. It had nothing that I call conscience. I threw it away not knowing that throw would lead me here or else I would've never thrown it out. 

But leaving these aside, the emperor never loved his daughter, Princess Philomel. She was neglected by everyone around her.
But, after the return of the real princess, Efrodel.
The emperor changed into a completely different person an affectionate one and loved his daughter dearly. Overwhelmed by all this sudden, Philomel was disgusted by all of making her into a fake princess who conspired with her mother and played the role of the imperial princess.
She went to her biological father, Master of the magic tower.
She stayed there but soon was found to be abandoned by him too.
She stole the national treasury.
She was then, caught and executed in a public exhibition.

I immediately asked for a mirror from the nearby maid who was just waking me up a second ago.

As she handed me the mirror, I looked at myself

A child barely 7 years of age, Brown Hair, Black eyes with a flick of golden wearing a night dress.

While submerged in all these thoughts, a woman aged enough came in rushing through the door. I could recognise her easily by her wrinkled face, head tied with a piece of cloth and grumpy face filled with rage, it was my Nanny.

 I could recognise her easily by her wrinkled face, head tied with a piece of cloth and grumpy face filled with rage, it was my Nanny

"Princess, you weren't sleeping around to avoid studying again, were you?"

"Uh, I was about to-" I said as politely as I could.

"Please stop acting this way and grow up." She signed

"We're the ones responsible if your highness gets into trouble."

"His majesty told us to fix your habits, he might even have a meal with you if you did." She said hastily.

"Lie" I mumbled unknowingly.
Even if I as Princess Philomel were to adhere to my studies or do well in the examinations. Forget about giving compliments, the emperor or my father at the time won't even come to see me once.

"Starting off with not questioning if someone is speaking the truth or not."

"Goodness, I wonder who you take after also the National Foundation day is coming soon."

"Foundation Day?" I immediately could recall, the story had just begun.

.......to be continued