Lucifer

"So, I went through old, abandoned case files, from when you were younger. I found the one on your father. In the file the heroes reported they were given a feather by your father to have control over you even when he was dead." Markus wrapped his arms around my waist while I cooked us dinner.

"Who did he give it to? Or at least where did he put it?" I questioned, my heart racing finally having a key on where my feather was. The last hint on fixing my control issue.

"Anthony Rein. Ethan's father. He died in battle three years ago and he gave Ethan a long black box. I think I know what's in the box. A blade of titanium and unbreakable by all forces, even Antimatter." Markus continued, his hands placing themselves in my front hip pockets. I could tell he was trying to break the news to me without making a huge, alarming issue.

"And you were almost going to marry him. When you get your revenge my dear. I will watch and make sure you are left unharmed." I leaned into his hold, my wooden spatula stirring the onions and tomatoes in my pan. A domestic look for two men readying themselves for murder.

"You could always help. Maybe use your wings to cut him up for me? Before I could wrap him up and tie his body to shreds." He adjusted his stance and leaned his head against my back. The sauce on the stove suffocates the air with its light aroma.

"You have a morbid mind my dear. But no, this is your revenge and my retirement event. That was my whole plan, to go out with a bang, kidnapping the hero's sidekick. Forcing him to give me all the information about heroes. Then using it to destroy them and then vanishing from the site." I admitted because I didn't want him to live a lie.

"What changed in your plan?" He hummed into my back, his thumbs circling on my hips.

"The villain fell in love. With a man who had white and yellow hair, and a pain in his eyes-only trust could make. He heard how the sidekick knew he wouldn't be saved, and then he saw how the sidekick felt freer with him than he did outside. And then, the sidekick loved him back willingly, and showed him what love felt and looked like." I leaned my head back slightly so my black hair would fall into his face.

"Then the sidekick learned what true love and acceptance felt like. He was able to have opinions and make choices, he wasn't hit for arguments. The sidekick felt safe with the villain." He started to grip at my clothes, his hands clenched from anger, and maybe even fear.

"He won't ever hurt you again. Especially if I'm here and have everything to say and do about it." I continued to make dinner. The older man's arms removed from my body while I worked.

He started to set the table, the clanks of plates and silverware covering the quiet room. The simple movements were all I needed. I could see in his eyes that he was calm, and both of us were at ease.

"Luce, do you think they will hurt Sunny and Eli?" Markus sat at the table; his hoodie slightly unzipped to show he was tired. He was in my sweatpants with my blanket draped over the back of the chair.

"Sunny and Eli would probably beat his ass. Now let me admire my adorable boyfriend, in all his simple glory." I groaned while stirring the pot of noodles next to the sauce. The calm environment masked what we were both thinking. The world would see the true faces of the heroes.

"For being so soft to me, you are a dark son of a bitch. I can only imagine when we start our war." He started to play with his knife, spinning it around in his fingers. The blade sliced air while he moved.

"I'm much worse when I'm in a war, don't underestimate me." I obliged; my eyes fully focused on the meal I was forming. My mind ran rampant on the bloodshed.