Lucifer

The small bookshop was easy to miss. One blink and it's gone from any memories or sight. I did just that, I didn't notice it ever even existing when we drove past it. Markus parked a few blocks away and got out of the car.

"Where are we going?" I joined him, my hair tucked into a beanie as we held hands.

"A little book nook we visited. Message passing and fantasy building. It's where I went to avoid my father when he would rip my chains off. He saw it as a curse that he never got the gift, and my uncle did. He thought I was a bastard. Raised Sunflower and Eli to take after him, but my mother didn't allow it." His smile never faded as he took confident strides, his fingers interlocked with mine.

"My father was abusive too. My mother died in childbirth because of my wings sharpening as I was born from the stress. He named me because he was insistent, I was the devil incarnate. Can I ask, how did she handle him?" I asked, my curiosity peaked at the older man in front of me.

"She killed him. Took a bottle of vodka, got into the car, and drove his ass off a cliff and then made it look like he went insane and killed her and was trying to get away. My mother snapped." Markus scrunched his nose as he reached the door and smoothing out his shirt. His grip grew stronger while he reached for the door handle.

"Both of us are orphans. One a hero, one a villain. Both desperate for the other." I pulled him in to face me, stealing a kiss before we entered the small building.

"Markus!" Sunflower, or Sunny which was her legal name, called as she leaped from her seat. She wore bright yellows, a long yellow coat that reached her knees fitted with a black sweater in a matching yellow skirt. Her knee highs were under black boots finishing the ensemble. It didn't help that her hair was yellow, blonde.

"I understand the nickname now." I joked as I shook the woman's hand once she reached us. My smile bloomed from her positive attitude.

"Sunflower always had that about her, yellow was always her color even after she tried to experiment it stayed yellow." Eli stood up from the table. To say the older brother of my boyfriend was scary was an underestimation. Sunflower was scary, he was downright horrifying.

He stood slightly taller than me, and if I didn't have my wings, he would beat me into a pulp if I even thought about his brother with his facial expressions. Another shorter man stood behind him, a hand on his back trying to calm him down from hurting me.

"Hi, I'm Aaron. Eli's husband." He reached out to shake my hand and I happily took it, praying a little inside that the giant didn't cut it off.

"Luce, I'm Luce." I greeted back as I felt two arms wrap around my back and a head prop itself on my shoulder. I leaned into his hold, per usual, and linked my arms in his and placed my hand into his back pockets like he always did with me.

"We know who you are. Nice to meet your Lucifer." Sunny admitted once she looked her brother over.

"You? Markus?" I turned to face the man resting on my shoulder.

"I'm not going to lie to my sister. Besides you have been rubbing your hands like he does when he talks. She's the best detective in the world. So yeah, she knows." He laughed, the sweet loud sound drowning in my ears.

"How did she not know where you were then?" I quizzed, confused on his claims. My hand traced his as we stood in the small corner room to the outside world.

"He lived with the heroes. He would go silent for weeks, no one really thought much till I visited them, and his room was whipped clean of everything, and he was gone with no traces. You sir made my case hard with that clean up." She sat back down at the table; one I saw was not covered in food but files. Ten to a pile and some a lot thicker than my own hand.

"I didn't clean out his room. I brought him and a few of his clothes and things I deemed important, I left that room basically identical. Hell, I barely made a dent in the dressers." I admitted, confusion was plastered on my face as I watched them open a file to show the empty room with no signs of life, no furniture or even wallpaper.

"You didn't? Who did?" She sat back her reading glasses on her face as she scanned over the pages of evidence. Her eyes, looking for something, like a signature. Her hands traced the pages like they were glass, scanning over a few of the same wall.

"What's wrong with that wall?" I pointed to the photos while we sat down to join her.

"That was the only mark left, a hole messily patched up after it was made, but whoever made it couldn't see the color difference. Probably due to proximity, or normality was too normal in the markings." She commented, her finger tapping a section of the wall that showed no discoloration till she pointed to a photo of the wall. This one was much closer with no misinterpretation for the color difference.

"He's done this regularly. His hand radius is much larger than a female making it limited on who made the hit. He probably did this regularly, someone with anger issues perhaps.'' I commented. My hand was wrapped around Markus's waist while I scanned over the pages.

"Electro." Markus muttered his hand over the page I was looking at.

"Babe? You've seen this pattern before?" I whispered to not make any issues.

"That's not a new mark. The covering is new, but the hole is not. It's from the first time I talked back. When Ethan beat me for the first time. Before he used his powers." Markus noted.

"I'm going to fucking kill him." I clenched my first. I needed to fly.