Chapter 28 - Gods & Monsters

Start from the beginning

I smiled, "Of course. I have a few questions to ask you, you will answer truthfully. Or I will find your mate, your children, your parents, and all your friends. I will bring them here and execute the same torture as I did to you, and then I will kill them. After you have watched them die, I will kill you. Do you understand?"

I saw him grip the glass tightly in his hands, swallowing a gulp, and a deep hatred in his brown eyes. He nodded tightly.

"What are you doing to the humans?" I asked.

"What do you mean?"

"You know what I mean. Why are they disappearing? Why are the human numbers shrinking faster than usual?"

He kept quiet. He knew something, I could read it from the way he was tapping his foot impatiently, the way he was fidgeting with his hands.

"Remember what I said earlier, I keep my promises." I told him.

"We're turning them. Into werewolves. So that they can join," He stopped talking, widening his eyes at the realisation that he probably said something he should not have.

"Join what?" I pushed.

He looked nervously around him, sweat trickled down his forehead. "Join the army."

I smiled. "An army? Does this mean a revolution?" They tickle me with the thought that they could possibly overthrow the vampires as the rulers of the region.

He nodded.

"With what? Your new warriors and the other battered old ones?" I laughed.

He looked at me indignantly. "You underestimate us."

"Do I now, tell me then, how are you planning to overthrow all of this?" I cocked my head to the side.

"Justice will always prevail." I rolled my eyes, this sounded like another one of my grandfather's lectures.

"Who is your leader?"

"We don't have one, not yet. We have a committee of Betas running the show for now. Until we find the one that will rule us all."

"The female alpha?" I asked.

He widened his eyes, "How did you know?"

"You aren't the only werewolf we've interrogated. But a little heads up, you will never find her. And that is why your grand plan will never work." I said smugly. I have Arabella safe with me, and they can never get to her.

He said nothing.

"You werewolves can't be working alone, and turning humans this successfully must require quite some help. Are you working with witches?" I deducted.