Vol. 6, Chapter 2 - U.N.O Time!

Start from the beginning

There's still the stigma that Kiyotaka's not on the same level of Hirata-kun. To dump the latter, and date the former is almost irrational in their eyes. On the other hand, it could also be seen as Karuizawa-san latching on to the next hot topic.

With how Kiyotaka's reputation is improving, Karuizawa-san would be seen in a bad light. That being that she's a selfish brat, who dates guys solely on how much they benefit her.

Considering how much of his capabilities are slowly coming to light, it can be seen that she's dating him specifically for those traits, and maintaining her high social standing.

Well... in a sense, they're not completely wrong.

I sighed. "Girls." I muttered.

"What?"

"You always worry over the littlest things." I answered.

"Well... of course we are."

I rolled my eyes.

"You see, this is the problem with you. Won't it just be easier to just not give a damn about reputation and what not, and just get it over with?"

She's only really just making things harder for herself. Being in a secret relationship is hard to maintain, especially if your reason for doing so is vein.

"Are you insane?!" She said in a sort of whisper-shout.

"Do you want me to answer that honestly?" I asked blankly.

"Wha- Forget that. Look... a time will come. Just... not now."

I scoffed.

"Whatever you say, sunshine."

She recoiled. "Sunshine?"

To her right, I could see that Sato-san looked like has something on her mind.

"Have something to say to my face, Sato-san?" I inquired.

I can hear her let out a little yelp. I guess she's still not really comfortable around me. Well, not like I care.

"Don't worry Maya. He's not gonna bite you." Karuizawa-san reassured her.

"Oh I most certainly will." I said, with a grin on my face.

"Uh..." Sato-san let out.

Karuizawa-san sighed. "Don't worry. He's just messing with you. He's not actually that scary. Annoying though, oh boy."

I clutched my heart dramatically. "Aw... You're gonna break my fragile heart."

She scoffed. "Good. Maybe it'll start working again afterwards."

I can feel grin widening at her response. "Feisty. Not bad."

She recoiled; her face reddening at what I just said. "A-are you hitting on me?!" She said, again in a sort of whisper-shouting.

I rolled my eyes, but kept my grin. "You just had to ruin your moment."

Her face was red with embarrassment, and I could hear Sato-san laughing from beside her. Karuizawa-san discretely sent her a glare, then turned back to me.

"First of all-" I continued. "I already have a blonde-haired, blue-eyed partner-in-crime in my life. Second, you are far from the type of person I would ever date."

Offended, she glared at me even more. How is she not blind?

"What's that suppose to-"

"Third," I cut her off. "I'm not really big on the whole dating thing. Seems like a lot of work."