Vol. 4, Chapter 1 - A Challenge

Part 1

Part 1

(Ayanokoji POV)

After the exam ended, we all returned on Thursday, the day after the match between Class C and A. Our class was now in a better position, thanks to the huge momentum it gained from our win in the Line of Fire exam.

The current standing in points are as follows:

Sakayanagi's Class A at 1339 cps

Ryuen's Class B at 565 cps

Ichinose's Class C at 539 cps

Horikita's Class D at 393 cps

Due to our deal with Ryuen, we had to sacrifice more points we could have earned, all to make sure Kushida would be dealt with. From what Karma told me, she won't be making a move any time soon.

Still, a 146 difference in points between us and Ichinose's class isn't too bad. Given the current state of Class C, it isn't at all outlandish to think that our class would overtake them sooner or later.

While on paper, our class seemed to be doing well for itself, it seems that people are beginning to realize one big schism to it. That is, there are only a few people that are actually making it move forward. During the exam, people have begun to realize just how much a threat myself, Karma, and Koenji really are.

If something were to happen to us, our class would lose more than half of its manpower. Enemy classes would most likely want to exploit this weakness.

Due to the agreement between Koenji and Horikita, Koenji now has to take exams seriously. Should he honor it, it would give Class D a huge boost in power. However, relying on Koenji, Karma, and myself heavily may also prove to be a huge detriment. If the others wish to rise to the top, they better take Karma's advice, and take the initiative on improving themselves.

After we returned, we were given the days off on Friday to Sunday to recuperate. Karma told me that Koenji wanted to talk to us. I can make a guess as to what it was about. My curiosity piqued, I accepted their invitation to meet with them Monday after class somewhere.

I pretty much spent the days off in my room, or talking with the Ayanokoji Group, Karma, and Kei.

Come Monday, I was on my way to school, and encountered Chabashira-sensei on the way. She noticed me, and waited for me before resuming her trek. There was actually something I needed to discuss with her, and it seems that she too wanted to talk about it.

"Good morning, Sensei." I greeted her.

"Morning, Ayanokoji. You're rather early." she replied as we were walking.