Chapter 108: Little Visitor (Part 2)

Start from the beginning

He's still unsure how would Haru react to his presence.

Anxious Haru found his way again to encounter his crystal purplish eyes and offered him a small and reluctant nod.

So he is.

His shoulders dropped. Haru is afraid of his moody uncle. He sighs.

Aigoo, Hiro, even children had misunderstood you.

"Everyone does, Aniki."

Everyone?

After arriving shortly in front of his bed, he assisted Haru to sit on the edge of the silk duvets and came to sit at the space beside him right after. His eyes scan his precious face, now tattered with a concerning expression of what an innocent child would opt to wear when genuinely frightened of something.

"May I ask why?" Jin can't help but pop the question.

And the room went dead quiet.

Why has it that no one has ever looked through the gentle soul of a fierce cat such as Hiro?

Haru went stiff and freezes in his place again and completely stopped sniffing his snoot. He was quiet, unlike before, and can't seem to bring himself to look at him any longer when just about a second ago he caught him paying extra attention to his eyes.

His heart hurt, too depressed after seeing Haru quietly turning pale.

Surely, he does not despise his uncle, no?

Hate is a very strong word.

Questions start occupying his head fully.

He didn't know the issue regarding everyone's misconception of Hiro was this worst.

Haru breathed in and kept his voice and eyes down, "My mum said he kill—"

"Young master."

Jin's brows rose when Haru stopped midway to look at his butler from behind. Jin came to follow his sight and was greeted by the butler's firm preserve smile above his visibly pale temperance.

Oh my, is he okay? He looks under the weather.

Jin brought his gaze again at Haru, hoping for him to complete his answer, but he just kept silent and dropped his eyes once again to his polished shoes, clinking them together while fiddling his fingers in front of his lap.

They were shivering.

"Aniki . . . are you also afraid of uncle?" Haru questioned, his voice frail and thin, hinting that he needed someone to convey and relate his concern to for emotional support. However, it was also alarming for him to suddenly shift the subject.

Comfort. That was what he was looking for.

Why would a young child think this way?

He gently stroked the top of Haru's head, fixing a few strands of his hair down. He shakes his head. "Why would I?" He pauses, recalling all the cherished moments he had now held dear from someone who showed him that love has a dangerous but passionate side he didn't know had lived yearning inside him.

"To me, your uncle has never been anything but kind."

"Kind?" Haru's pitch of voice rose to complete inquisition, baffled, however, his trembling state had now disappeared.

Jin beams and tilts his head. So he has never seen how warm-hearted his uncle can be?

If he does, he's sure Haru is bound to love his uncle by heart. Who wouldn't?

Other than that he's extremely caring. Hiro's heart is young and needy at his age. One he found too fragile.

"Yes. Kind." Though a bit childish. "Your uncle is a very kind man." Although he's weighed to revive Hiro's wasted youth, the job could never be less entertaining.

He was leisurely easy to tease.

He's afraid at this point he could no longer consider joking around if he oaths to not see any of his tears anymore.

He nods in reconciliation. Indeed, he's a very sensitive man.

"Does that mean aniki likes ojisan?" Haru responded and copied the way his head tilted.

Jin stilled. His heart hammered nervously inside him for a second.

That startled him.

He brushes the wetness across Haru's cheek clean and takes a good look at him. "Mhmn." He nods shyly. I like him very much and probably more than that.

"Hontou ni?!" (Really)

Haru's eyes were red, and their lids were a bit puffy. He did really have a habit of crying. It was slightly silly to see with his bright and unsuppressed shock to his statement.

Does it sound that unbelievable?

Somehow, Haru reminds him of himself when he was younger. Well, his condition was worst, he tend to cry over the smallest things.

His mother did say he was handy as a baby.

Now that the memory has been brought up, Hiro is a crybaby himself too, but he doubts anyone ever knew that. Perhaps he had trouble opening up to other people.

He relaxes from a flashback of such vivid memory inside his head.

Hiro's warm tears above his aristocratic face, but he was weeping like no tomorrow in the hospital. It was an unlikely sight to see, but quite charming.

"Does ojisan like aniki too?"

Haru suddenly threw another question that almost tossed Jin to slip from his place. He looked very curious and interested.