feet stopping on the pavement. "what ride should we go on next?" you were ecstatic. "nooo" he laid his head on top of yours, his arms going around your back. you got a bit shocked.

there were people watching you two in the middle of this crowd hugging. "oi, no pda here" you playfully pushed him away by the shoulder.

"tsk" he rolled his eyes.

"quit being a baby, let's go around"

kageyama and you continued walking around the fair.

"you want cotton candy?" you suddenly suggested, seeing a small booth in sight.

"sure"

a fresh batch of blue sugar was whipped out, the lady giving you one big fluffy web on a stick.

"we should both shove our faces in it at the same time" you suggested.

"you want to do that?"

"on the count of three" you looked him in the eyes.

"one..."

"two..." he looked right back at you.

"three"

both of you sunk your teeth into the heated sugar, biting into it then pulling away. it created a fluffy mess on both of your faces.

as kageyama licked his lips, he watched as the sugar coated the corners of your mouth.

"dumbass" he commented.

you covered your mouth with your hand, looking away. suddenly, another ride with even brighter lights advertising it was spotted.

"there!" you pointed at a ferris wheel.

"uhh i've never been on one of those..." he looked at the ride, sort of horrified. but, you could never really figure out what he was feeling from his cold expression.

"it'll be fun!" you took his hand and started heading towards the small line for the ferris wheel.

kageyama did not even resist your tugging, being dragged along into a cart.

the ride started going up, a lot faster than you were used to for a ferris wheel. the carriage would swing a little everytime it stopped. as it kept going up and stopped for a final time, you realised where you guys were.

"we're at the top" you looked around. you saw colourful lights, the other rides but you two were above all of them, the crowd of children and parents and teenagers roaming this very place. it was...

"beautiful" kageyama said.

"yeah it really is." you continued to admire.

you were looking at the view and kageyama was looking at you. both of you were looking at different things but found them beautiful in your own way.

"the lights are like, appearing on your face" he described.

you looked up and touched your cheek with your finger, as if it would feel like something. "they are?"

"mhm" he nodded, face indifferent. you were wondering if you looked dumb right now.

he reached forward as you stayed completely still. he tried to brush the pink and green lights away, only for them to become purple and yellow now.

you watched his face lit up when the colours changed. "what?" you asked. he didn't answer, he was too mesmerised.

"hey!" you pushed him away, making him fall back harshly into his seat, him almost falling off the sides.

"oh my god!" you placed your hands on him, making sure he was okay. "you almost killed me" he stated, but a geeky smile was all that was on his face when he said that.

"i'm sorry" you repeated those words over and over, but all he did was admire your face as you did so.

"don't die on me now" knuckles placed over your lips.

"you're the reason i almost did" he said, matter-of-fact.

"i know i know" you crinkled your eyebrows, ashamed of your actions "i didn't mean to, i got too excited, you know?" you placed both hands on your face, embarrassed.

"you always do" he then leans forward and puts his elbows on his knees, brushing your hands away from your face. "you're a dumbass"

a sheepish expression was spread across your face. it made him immediately regret even poking fun at you.

"come here" kageyama tapped the empty spot beside him. you sat there. now both of you were admiring around as your carriage was still at the very tippity top.

the wind was the chilliest here, but it was comforting in a way.

"you cold?" he noticed, holding the flaps on his jacket incase he needed to take it off for you. you shook your head.

"this is nice, isn't it?" you tried to convince kageyama. however, it seemed like he didn't mind it.

"yeah" he turned over to you, small smile on his face. "it's nice."

suddenly, the carriage jerked down as it usually would, but neither of you expected it. both of you fell forward, falling onto the space inbetween the seat.

kageyama sat up "are you okay?" his face turned pale, checking on you to make sure you were okay.

instead of also being concerned, you started bursting into laughter.

"are you hurt?" he started checking your body to make sure there were no marks or anything, but all you could do was laugh manically. he cupped your face "y/n?"

"oh my-" you choked on your words, unable to form a sentence as you continued giggling. you moved your face away from his hands.

"i'm fine! stop worrying" you slapped his face lightly. and then the ride went down again, making him fall on top of you.

AUTHOR NOTE

<3

this is one of the last fluff filler chapters of this book (don't worry there's no angst, i think) lowkey is coming to an end very super soon but i hope you all enjoyed it