when your legs don't work

y/n pov

3 p.m.

you brought your books closer to your chest as you walked out of your classroom. making sure to not bump into anyone at any corner.

you remembered someones invite to the gym.

squeezing through everybody, a slight limp in your knee at every step.

"so where are we going?"

an arm slung around your shoulder sluggishly. the sudden impact almost made your knees buckled and you would have suffered your fate in that hallway then and there.

"where are you going!" you threw the question back. you didn't even need to look at the perpetrator to know it was your best friend.

"gym"

"then i am going to the gym!" you exclaimed.

yamaguchi was a little taken aback. he knew and you knew you only went to the gym when either tsukishima or him harassed you into going until no avail.

he gave you a weird look, but nonetheless you answered.

"curious"

"you're hooking up with someone from the volleyball team, aren't you?" yamaguchi guessed.

hearing that, your feet made friction with the floor and you had completely stopped walking.

"WHAT?" you pushed him off you, almost ramming him into a locker. in the process, you also looked around frantically to make sure no one else heard his big ass mouth.

to say the least, he was shocked by your rather violent reaction. but that didn't stop him from asking. he crossed his arm, biting his cheek.

"so who was it?"

"i'm not fucking anyone, tadashit"

"you are keeping something from me! miss
l/n!"

"i am not!" you lied straight through your teeth. you felt so see through, practically transparent. you started walking away, however he kept up with your slow speed, running right behind you.

"how the hell do you even come up with a conclusion like that?" you were mind blown.

yamaguchi cleared out his throat before speaking.

"first at all, i think everyone can tell by the way you're walking. secondly, only people who play volleyball wear the ics sweater"

you looked down, looking at both the same cream sweater and your weak legs, your thighs about to implode.

he could read your mind. he was your best friend after all.

and he had you caught red handed.

but that did not stop you from trying to defend yourself anyway.

"i would never even fuck one person on your volleyball team! not one crusty motherfucker!" you crossed your arms.

he smiled at you sweetly.