Chapter 8 I choose Him

The Clan Warriors took two spears, Giving one to each Man as they spread out to give the two room to fight. Whispers and voices littering the air as Mo'at came between them to explain the rules.

"Remember, no killing!" He said more to Kano then Miles. The scarred Na'vi man rolling his eyes before nodding to Mo'at that he was ready to begin.

Mo'at looked to Miles with a warm smile and Miles gave a nod to him.

"You better be worth the challenge" Kano replied with a cocky grin as Miles balanced the spear in his hand and gave it a quick twirl.

Mo'at had taught him a little about how to use it, it was light enough. But flexible enough to hurt really bad if you intended to hit someone with it instead of spearing them.

"Shut your pie hole" Miles retorted and Kano cocked his head in confusion at the insult before Mo'at made a whistle sound to start.

Kano was a beast of a Na'vi man.

Charging and slapping Miles hard on the side of his cheek with the spear, Making him stumble and wince at the burning sensation.

The familiar trickle of blood dripping from the split skin as he wiped it across his face.

Jumping back to dodge another swift attack.

Kano's moves precise and trained.
Yeah, He was a war chief alright.

"I'm sorry, did that Hurt?" Kano Snickered confidently and gave a flourish with his spear to impress the nearby woman who watched.

Miles scoffing and straightening up to deliver a hit himself. The air being knocked from Kano's smug mouth as Miles slapped the butt of the spear against his ribs.

"Not as much as that did" Miles quirked back and Kano hissed angrily at him and jabbed blindly at him several times.

Miles being fast enough to dodge each one.

"Calm down Tarzan!" Miles teased as he whipped his spear sharply and it twisted Kano's from his grip. Resulting in Kano looking even more Angry and bloodthirsty.

Weaponless, Kano began throwing Punches towards Miles. Jabbing Miles into his sides a few times. It hurt like a bitch and the flurry of heat emitting from the irritated flesh made the Recom grit his teeth.

"Come on SkyDemon!, An omen like you could never be one of us. Never be anything more than a pest!" He hissed into Miles ear with malice.

And that simple, childish insult got the best of Miles.

With all his strength, he grabbed Kano and tossed him over his shoulder to the ground. But instead of climbing on top of him and beating him to a pulp.

Miles let him regain his stance and try again. Even giving him an open invitation.

But Kano was running on fumes as he tried to gain the breath that Miles knocked out of him, Huffing and puffing as he wiped the blood from his lip. The clan watching in silent debate as they chirped and cried for them to resolve the matter and a victor to be chosen.

The chief all but watched knowingly as he looked between them. Miles saw that Kano watched the spear in his hands with fear, Lack of a weapon would be the explanation to his vulnerable glances. So he evened up the score and dropped the spear down and lifted his hands to show he was just as unarmed as Kano.

A flash of surprise showed on the Warrior's face.

Sira held a proud and loving smile as she looked to the approving nod her father held.

"Even though Kano lost his weapon. Miles continues to keep it fair and even. The codes and teachings of our people have run strong through him" The chief whispered to Sira as she watched on with more confidence.