Chapter:4

The very sight of her injury was frightening.
I felt helpless as I sat down to check on her.

Whom do I ask for help?
What will happen now?
The competition?
Thoughts rushed in my head like a flowing river.

I stopped an autorickshaw which was luckily  passing through that street. She was crying like anything all the while, until we had reached the hospital.

2 sisters came running in their baby pink pinafore along with that dreadful stretcher downstairs, as if she was injured in a war.

The doctor asked me to sign some papers which had some alien things written on it. I  understood shit about whatever was written!

So I called my Dad immediately, and told him the whole tea that had happened earlier. He told me to just sign there without wasting anymore time.

She was treated in about half an hour, Dad had come until then. The Doctor came out while removing his gloves and the green mask. We stood up and inquired of him.

He said, "She's perfectly fine, but she cannot do any activity that could cause strain to her leg, atleast for one week." I let out a huge sigh of relief. But...

"What about the competition, she's so excited about?"
I asked Dad. He said, "There's no choice, afterall she herself is responsible for that. You don't worry, pretty girl. Now, daddy will take your leave, I am a bit busy. Okay?"

Hm. Bye, I said.

We had called up Myra's parents and told them to receive her. She was brought out of the room and her parents lifted her hands and put them on their shoulder as if  they were petals.

She was taken down and was made to sit in the car by her parents. After that I handed over Myra's medicines to her older sister who was sitting in the front seat in the car.

I was about to walk away when I suddenly heard Myra's call. She said in her not so real, sick voice, "What about my cycle?" I was stunned. After everything that had happened then, all she cares about is her bloody cycle?

WOW!!

I said, "it's parked near the CV road where you slipped.
You can collect it later, even mine is there." I instantly regretted my earlier statement.

Please don't ask me to bring your bicycle now, I thought. After all I had even missed my tuition due to all that.

She said, "Okay, and thanks for bringing me here by the way."

"Well... You're welcome" I said
And left.

I had to pick my cycle up from the CV road where I had left it.

I went walking for about 2 km from the hospital and  reached there and WTF?

My was cycle missing!

What the hell?
What kind of day is this?
Where is it now?
Should I complain to the police?

My thoughts rushed like people on the Mumbai metro station.

I searched here and there, everywhere.
I could not find it. I stood on the stroller there like a mannequin for about 15 minutes.

And suddenly; I saw my cycle coming from the left side of the road. The guy who was peddling my cycle was a familiar one, though his face was not visible enough since he was far away.

As I went closer, I saw a fine-looking boy wearing a grey hoodie.

For the very 3rd time in the day,
I was astonished.

The guy was handsome, however along with my (female) cycle...uh! Weird to explain...

He came peddling, and stopped near me while removing his black cap.
I was stunned.

He was Aarav! "Why would anybody...? I mean...how come?" I had thought.
I asked him, " How come you are on my bicycle?"

He said, "I will answer all your questions but before that first let's go to the nearby police station"
"Now what is this new thing?" I asked in confusion.

(Without answering he hurried)

"Let's go... let's go" Aarav said. We hoped into an autorickshaw after parking my bicycle, in a rush.

We reached the police station.
There were two officers sitting inside. Both had a big belly, which made their shirt buttons almost lose their control over the thread.

"Bol bacche.. kya hua?" (What happened?)
The Police officer asked Aarav.
He said, " Hello Sir, actually this is my friend Adira"
"When did I become his friend?" I thought

He continued ....
Her cycle along with one of her friend's cycle was picked up by two people. And I saw that happening, so I followed them in an autorickshaw. It seemed that they did not rob it but rather, they were running from somebody.

"Haa..aage kya hua?" (What happened next?)
The police officer asked.

Again he began....
Well they went into a go-down while the cycles were kept up in the parking. I heard some weird and scary sounds from that go down. Somebody was getting beaten up, while somebody was crying. I guess some illegal work was being carried out there.

"Well... Since I could only bring one cycle back, so  I brought her's (pointing at me), he said.

"So we want you to please find out that cycle and also about the go-down thing." Aarav requested to the officer.

"Accha..ye baat hai, chalo dekhenge. Lekin jiska cycle chori hua hai usse bhejo. Chalo jao" the officer replied
( That's the thing. Let's see. But send the one whose cycle is stolen. You can go now.)

We stood up and came out. It was almost dark then.

I spoke for the first time in that while.
"So... you brought my cycle from that jeopardy?"
"Well, Yeah I suppose." he replied.

"But what about Myra's bicycle now? How to tell her?
I told her that it's parked near the CV road." I said.

"We complained to the police which was not our part to be carried out but still...
So, don't worry, she'll see into that herself. Or probably she will go and complain the police ultimately." he replied.

I nodded.

We came back to CV road and I took my bicycle while saying,"I owe you a big one, Thank you so much for today.

No but wait.... How did you know that, this is my bicycle?"

He didn't reply to my question.
He putted on his cap, licked his lips and smiled at me saying, "You're welcome, Bye"

Strange guy but nice one, I thought.

In next two days I had to prepare for the upcoming dance competition.

Dang!

..........