flashback 1

Hales and Scarlett a few years after she was first bitten. She loses control while Tyler and Derek are with her. Derek forces her into submission. Through teasing from Tyler, Scarlett realises she has a huge crush on him
Set a few months before the fire, Scarlett 14, Derek 18, Elizabeth 14

Scarlett's pov

Mum finally got the divorce finalised with dad, and he had left in the middle of the night. No goodbyes, no nothing.

Scott was with Stiles. It was close to the anniversary of his mums passing, so Scott normally spent more time there while Jade spent it with me and mum or me and the hales.

Thankfully, it was the weekend, and I was angry. Mum just got off the phone with dad. She was upset I could smell it. She was always upset after being on the phone or talking to him.

But she was angry and upset that he left without saying goodbye to me, Scott, or even Sophie. Hearing the tail end of the conversation, he was yelling about how he wasn't sure if we were his me, especially cause of my eye colour.

I let out a growl at the memory of it. I try to calm down as I walk downstairs, calling Mum. "I'm gonna go see Lizzy and the girls!"

"OK, just be back by dark," was the reply. "Ok," I yell back.

I needed to get out of here, I grabbed my bike and started riding to Lizzy's place. It's a 20-minute ride and 15 run. I didn't want to run cause I knew once I told any of the siblings or Mama hale, Talia, I would be sent on a run to calm down.

That's the thing with Talia, if she knew something was wrong and I was worked up, she had me spar with either Lizzy, Derek, or Maddie. Occasionally, she would put Cora Alyssa and Aiden against me, but they were still young, and it wasn't often they beat me.

I felt my phone vibrate, stopping the bike. I got off and pulled it out. It's Derek,
Pup, what's wrong? Mum can feel your anger and anxiety

A small growl escapes me. I hate being called pup, nothing der, I'll tell you when I get there. I'm 5 away

He doesn't reply, I get back on my bike but stop when his scent hits me. I get back off and walk it to a tree, I was at the edge of the preserve near their driveway, I lean it against the tree, then quickly bolt.

Running around a few trees and then climbing one to jump from it to the next one until I find the tree where we carved our initials into.

I sit in it and watch and wait. Even tho I was still a baby, I was great at control and using my senses. I have been a wolf for just over 4 years, right before my 11th birthday.

I was playing with Lizzy, Jade, Scott, Stiles, Derek, and the older twins were there too. We had been playing tag in the street. Stupid, I know, but it was a quiet neighbourhood, so it was ok... until it wasn't. Laura still blames herself. The car came speeding down the street.

Lizzy Derek and Tyler had been able to get Stiles Jade and Scott out of the way in time, but Laura hadn't reached me. I got hit. All I remember was pain and blackness, Laura, Scott, and Derek screaming my name. And then nothing.

A lot of people thought I died that day but no. While Derek and Lizzy kept Stiles Jade and Scott busy, Tyler rang his mum and told her I needed the bite. They ran me home, it took about 10 minutes.

She bit me, I was in a coma for 3 weeks. Talia called my mum over and told her about it. She was shocked. I survived but thankful and understood why I was bitten.

I had zoned out and didn't notice that Derek and Lizzy had arrived. "You getting down?" They ask. I shrug, getting upset again. I love my dad, but I hated how he treated Mum and Scott.