Chapter 5: My True Strength

Start from the beginning

Earth-make Magic: Rock Wall!!!

Fire-make Magic: Flame Wall!!!

A wall of stone and flames rose up on the either side of the street, blocking the townsfolk in. 

Victor: Hahahahahaaaa! Now you see what the members of Terror Call can do------Wha?!!!

Victor blanched as he along with his lackeys were immediately overpowered by an unbearable magic pressure. He turned and found a familiar figure standing a few feet away from him. It was the freak runt who was responsible for he and his subordinate's imprisonment. However, Vicor's eyes were clouded by so much fear that his rage and nowhere to go. 

The glare Y/n gave him, shook his very core. Y/n stepped forward as the crowd of panicking people also fell silent from the shift in air pressure caused by Y/n's magic. Y/n raised his head as the crowd saw the cold, hard look he gave to the members of dark guild. 

Y/n: So, you wish to cause trouble, well aware of the fact that I am around as well.

Victor managed to get back up on his feet as Y/n lowered the pressure created by his magic. 

Victor: Well, well, would you look at that. It seems like lady luck is in my favor today, not only do I get a butt-load of cash from this town, but I also get to pound the brat who was responsible my days behind the bars.

Victor punched in own palm as sign of excitement while Y/n only arched an eyebrow at him.

Y/n: Damn! I didn't know you had it in you to accept getting your ass handed by the so-called brat you are trying to intimidate. 

Y/n gestured to the crowd of people surrounding them.

Y/n: In front of so many people no less.

Y/n mocked Victor, making his blood boil in fury while the crowd snickered at Y/n's retort. Even the two lackeys had to hold back their laughter.

Victor: You damned brat!!!

Victor lunged at Y/n as he fired his explosion spell at him. Y/n just closed his eyes in response as the magic hit him and exploded. A cloud of smoke rose from the area where Y/n was standing. Victor smirked at the easy kill he scored.

Victor: Should have dodged when you had the chanc-------!!!

Victor smirk turned upside down before his eyes widened at the sight of an unscathed Y/n emerging from the cloud of smoke. The crowd also watched with their jaws hung open. How was it possible for a man, no less a child to survive a point-blank magic explosion and not have even a single bruise on his body.

Unbeknownst to the everyone, Y/n had gained mastery over the majority of the elements present in the world. After the incident at the ruins, his growth rate in magic had shot up exponentially and in a short span of four months, he had become magic user who could give S-Rank Wizards a run for their money.

Victor shocked expression turned into one of a frustration as he found the brat in front him too difficult to kill. He turned to his lackeys.

Victor: You two! Give me a hand and let's kill this brat!

All three of them immediately charged their magic to full strength, the sheer force generated by them was enough to make the people step back in fear of getting caught in the blast. 

Victor: Let's see how cocky you act, after getting hit by this, brat!

Y/n just sighed before pointing his index finger and making a 'come at me.' gesture. Victor gritted his teeth, not at all happy by Y/n's taunting gesture.