Chapter 11: Dreams

"What are you two doing?" asked Ron.

"Nothing!" said Harry, stepping away from me. 

"I - um I almost fell and he caught me." I stammered.

"Yup, that's what happened." said Harry quickly, looking at the floor. 

"Oh. Well... you guys should come back now." said Ron eyeing us. 

We silently walked back to the common room .

"Okay why is no one talking?" asked Ron.

No response. 

"Did something happen?"

More silence. 

"Fine, I'm going to bed. Weirdos." muttered Ron. 

Harry looked at me. Studying my face. Trying to figure out what I was thinking. After a few moments of silence and realizing the moment between me and him was wrong, I figured it was time to let it go. 

"Just forget it." I sighed, heading upstairs before he grabbed my arm and turned me around. 

"What are you doin-Whoa!" I exclaimed as he pulled me down the stairs and through the door of our common room. 

"Slow down Potter! Where are you taking me? What are you doing?!" I asked.

"Finishing what I started." he grinned, my eyes widened as I realized he was taking me to the brooms again. 

"Harry don't do this. Don't feel obligated to. You don-"

"Ginny, do you remember the night when we were completely drunk, it utterly was embarrassing?" 

"Yes...I sort of remember. All I know is that we talked all night long." I smiled. That night gave me a feeling I've never had before. I just wish I knew what it was about that night that gave me that feeling. 

"Do you remember anything else that happened?" he asked, hopefully. 

"I really don't, what aren't you telling me?" I asked raising an eyebrow. 

"Do you want to remember?" he asked slowly unsure of himself. 

"I mean sure but honestly Potter it sounds like you're about to bloody murder me or ..." Heat rose from my stomach to my chest. His lips were getting closer and my heart skipped a beat, the smell of him enticing me. I parted my lips and my whole body tingled as his lips met mine. It was everything I imagined, I dreamed of. The feeling of his arms wrapped around me felt like a dream. As if no one else existed and time had stopped, we stayed there glued to one another. 

"We kissed? That same night? Why didn't you say anything?" I asked breathlessly. 

"I have been waiting so long to do that again." he whispered. 

"Harry James Potter! You knew I liked you so why didn't you tell me before?" I asked annoyed. 

"You were with Dean. And before that you were with Draco, I think, no idea what you were doing with him." he rolled his eyes. 

I let out a small laugh. He intertwined his hands into mine.

"We should head back, it's getting late." I said softly.  

There was no one in the common room so I took him to the arm chair where he sat down confused. I wrapped my arms around his neck and sat down on his lap. My head rested on his shoulder and my hand was over his chest. His heart was beating really fast and I smiled knowing I made his heart race like he did mine. Just like that, I dozed off.