The Future (Admiral Thrawn)

Start from the beginning

"Well," he began, brushing some dust off his uniform, "I suggest we start looking for any kind of life we can find. I know Geonosis is inhabited by bug-like creatures called Geonosians. From my research, they fought on the Separatist side of the Clone Wars, and are quite ferocious and dangerous. They don't trust easily, which makes me worried if we run into any."

I grabbed my blaster and turned the safety off, "I'm ready for them if they come. I'm not scared, and I know you will keep the baby and I safe."

Thrawn smiled softly; his eyes filled with such love, "Everything happens for a reason. That Jedi boy might've been the safest ticket out of the Empire we could've asked for. Now, the Emperor will think we are dead... he won't send anyone after us to look. We are free."

That did make sense. Thrawn and I both were consistently having nightmares; very valid nightmares about what the Empire would do to find us and prosecute us. Knowing the Empire, they would start with torture as punishment, then likely, they would force my husband to watch my unborn baby and I get murdered. The Empire doesn't forgive or forget.

"I like that," I said, pulling Thrawn into a tight hug, "I like your optimistic attitude, honey. If this is fate, maybe we should give Geonosis a try? I doubt the Empire would look here out of all places."

He was right. This place was deserted. Thrawn and I quickly exited the ship and gazed around. Not a soul in sight. However, there looked to be an abandoned building to the north that looked like a pretty good place to set up a base camp. Thrawn locked up the Chimaera to make sure no life forms could break in and steal his stuff, then we headed off towards the building.

The shape of the building made me think of coral from the ocean floor of planets like Kamino. They were gorgeous examples of natural architecture.
After about an hour of walking underneath the heavy and hot sun, we reached the building. Sweat poured down my back profusely, and I was double how tired Thrawn was considering I was carrying his baby. The Chiss knew better than to complain, as I likely would've hit him across the back of the head if he said a single word.

"It still looks deserted," my husband observed as we cracked the front door open.

The innards of the building smelled like dust and mildew. I sneezed from the sudden onset of dust and shook my head,
"It's been deserted for a very long time, honey."

Thrawn walked inside; his hand on his blaster. That's when the pain happened— the unexplainable onset of pain. The pain of contractions from an active labour...
I grabbed frantically onto Thrawn's arm as another wave of pain hit me,
"Honey! It's happening! Our baby is coming!"

The Chiss' face lit up like a tree on Christmas. I had never seen him happier during the duration of our relationship together, and that alone was enough to make me begin crying. He was so sweet— so emotional!
My husband rarely showed even the smallest smile due to his endless work numbing him to the core. This was special.

Thrawn began to grow worried though, as there was so much unknown in this whole situation. Was this building actually abandoned, or are there Geonosians spread throughout waiting for their next meal? And where was that Jedi? So many unanswered questions... such things spread unease through my husband and I both.
He grabbed my hand and dragged me further into the building; desperate to find a place that was easily-defendable in case we weren't alone.

The Chiss found a room pretty quickly. It was warm and dry, as if the next room over was some kind of boiler room.
Thrawn slipped out of his jacket and laid it on the ground for me to lay on. He's always so thoughtful!

I laid down on it and began preparing myself for this pain. I had intended to give birth to our child in a medical facility with tons of drugs and other medicines to make the experience as painless as possible.
Not to mention this place was super unsanitary to birth a baby in. If I didn't get some form of infection or disease after this, I would be immensely surprised,

"I guess this is one downside to leaving the Empire in the way we did," I groaned as a wave of contractions shook my insides once more, "Now I'm gonna have to birth our kid in an abandoned Geonosian nest. How perfect."

It was unknown what this building held. What we really needed was warm blankets, a pillow, and water. I have already sweated half my body's water out from the walk to this building, and that hasn't scratched the surface of my sweating after the birthing process is done.
We would not be fortunate in that department though.

The real pain began to kick in. I grabbed Thrawn's hand and squeezed my eyes shut, "No, no, no! Thrawn! Make it stop!"

The pain was unlike anything I had ever experienced! I had been stabbed before, shot before, and beaten multiple times! Nothing came close to the pain I was feeling in this moment, and nothing would ever come close again. It felt like there was a being inside of me that wanted me to die— it felt like I was being personally punished for something I had no control over.

Wave after wave after wave of contractions appeared and disappeared, but it only kept getting worst. After so many earth-shattering contractions, one might believe it would settle down, but that was not the case.

Hours passed, and Thrawn had come and gone looking for supplies when the contractions would begin to settle down.
He had found a water bottle, a wash cloth, and a small blanket; all of which would come in handy for the baby.

The Chiss gave me a sip of water, and that's when the fun stuff started happening. Enough time had passed for the baby to begin coming.
Thrawn was by my side the whole time. Husband of the year award!

He held my hand the whole time and whispered encouraging statements to keep my moral up. Minute after minute passed by— hour after hour. Not one minute after Thrawn found those supplies did he leave to look for more. He knew I needed him.

"I think the baby is ready to come!" my husband declared as I began pushing.

The pushing was the hardest part for sure. However, the realization that Thrawn was going to be a dad, and I am going to be a mom was enough to make me seemingly painless in comparison to what it could've been.

Then, it happened.
My child was born.

The cries sent chills through my body.

"It's a boy," Thrawn said excitedly while swaddling the crying baby in the little blanket he had found. It wasn't sanitary, but that was as good as it was going to be.

Thrawn kissed the baby's forehead and passed him to me, "What do you wish to name him?" he asked while pressing his lips against mine.

The baby was perfect— he looked just like me. He had Thrawn's hair though, which made him the sweetest creature in the galaxy.
His cries settled down as his sight laid on me; immediately being comforted,
"I wish to call him Elias," I whispered, looking at my husband, "Our little Elias."

Thrawn looked around a bit, "You know, I didn't really want to stay on Geonosis considering it's past and lack of life, but if Elias can be born here, then it can't be so bad. This is our home. We can make it into something amazing."

"Let's do it then," I answered while kissing my son's cheek, "If you think we can make this work, then we will make this work."

March 23rd, 2023