Chapter 60: Break-in

Start from the beginning

"Time to put all those pull-ups in use," Jimin whispered as he sneaks around the fenced ground stealthily.

The Kim mansion is not a small place. Sure, Song mansion is big, but this? It was a fucking castle.

Four huge towers joined by huge walls, each tower containing at least three guards. Inside the walls, a three-story mansion with plenty of rooms to have a sleepover for a whole school. The interior was not visible outright, but it was known to be exotic and lavish.

The Kim gang has been in business for years, and it is one of the oldest gangs in South Korea. Obviously, breaking into their mansion was going to be risky, but Jimin was bound to be risky.

He had lost his last chance at a normal life, now he was going to make this life count.

As the Kim mansion was old, there were quite a few passages around.

Now, if someone has been living in a place for years, they would definitely renovate some things. But, in older times, there used to be a lot of secret passages for better accommodation of servants, pathways behind the walls, secret doors, and whatnot. Even though most of them were closed, some were not closed.

In ancient times, food used to be taken from outside, but why bother opening the main gates every time you need to complete an errand? A simple option was to make a small gate. Not one small gate, but eight small gates, each for a different purpose.

One connected to the grain houses, one connected to the kitchens, one connected to the barns, etc.

As time passed, all of them were closed, except for one.

"Here we go," Jimin grunted as he pushed at a door covered in green mold and vines.

It led to the servant's chamber, and even though a new door was made, the old one was just closed off by wood pieces that were bound to be devoured by mites in these years. A small piece of information from one of their inner spy networks.

They could have easily asked one of those spies to find vital information, but it was too important to be trusted with anyone else.

So here was Jimin, sneakily entering the servant's chamber, where no one was present because the servant who lives here was suddenly called into the kitchen for an emergency.

An emergency definitely not caused by the insider spies.

"If my guess is right, the AC vent should be here." Jimin pulled out a pocket knife and climbed onto the windowsill to find the AC vent cover.

Once he could find the screw, Jimin carefully unscrewed three sides and rotated the panel aside.

Crawling into the space was tiring. That was where the pull-ups came into work.

Jimin was about to topple a whole mattress but caught himself in time and swung over.

Once inside, he followed the path Y/N had assigned to him to get to the required room. It took a painful amount of time and Jimin groaned at the thought that he would have to repeat it again while going back home.

The sharp turns did cut him in places, but thanks to the head-to-toe clothing he was not severely injured.

After a few turns, when Jimin felt like he would now die of excursion, Jimin finally saw an opening just like Y/N had said. He could already hear the sound of a motor and knew this was where the path of this vent ended.

Carefully and making as less noise as possible, Jimin unscrewed the screws.

It was difficult, seeing as he was on the wrong side of the screw. The only option was to push a cork on it and turn it in the opposite direction.

It was time-consuming but it worked.

Jimin rotated the panel as the third screw was gone, and lowered himself carefully.

Turning on the light in his helmet, Jimin took in the room filled with shelves filled with papers and files, full of content forbidden for outsiders. So much of it that most people would faint at the sight of looking through the papers to find anything useful.

Well, not Jimin.

Jimin scanned the shelves, checking the dates. They all dated back to a few years ago but he wanted older than that.

As he passed each shelf, the dates went back year by year, until he reached the desired year.

1996. The year Giho was believed to be on his first mission for the Kims.

Jimin took the file slowly, dimming the light so he could read the content.

The room was quiet so he knew no one was here.

But that also meant that if anyone came looking they would know someone is here.

Jimin scanned the file's content, it was similar to what they had found from the digital records. He wanted more.

He took on another file.

Then another.

Another one yet.

Grunting in frustration, Jimin was going to leave the room when his eyes fell on a name.

Song Youngsoo.

"What does he have to do with the Kims?"

Jimin whispered, taking the file.

And at that moment Jimin felt like his life was a waste because nothing could have prepared him for this betrayal.

||

Vote for President Namjoon.

The Unbelievable Crime┆✓On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara