ch. 4 | zachary larson.

episode three, loner — part one.

Irys had been trying to open her lock with magic for five minutes but nothing happened and this made her feel frustrated. It was as if she had lost her powers.

"Having trouble?"

"That stupid ritual made me lose my powers" she yelled whispering, turning around and meeting Chris.

"The same happened to Faye. According to Diana, to do spells we need another member of the circle."

"This sucks."

"Hey" Chris stopped her before she left, "Have you forget that Faye almost kill Sally yesterday?"

"She didn't do it on purpose" Irys defended her.

"On purpose or not, it was dangerous. In this way we can control our powers, which as you have seen are becoming stronger and stronger" he whispered, his hand still on her arm.

"In this way we are also vulnerable" Irys began, freeing herself from Chris's grip and moving away from him.

She decided to go out and spend some time outside to smoke a cigarette. As she relaxed, her phone started ringing – it was Nick – and she ignored him completely.

They hadn't spoken since the night before about what Nick had said and he knew he had crossed the line. Irys was the only person Nick felt he could open up and be himself to since his brother left home two years earlier.

The most likely explanation was because Irys was in a relationship with him, but Nick didn't like to think so. Associating his brother with Irys was already a starting mistake, but it was not entirely wrong. It was because of this that Irys had started spending more time at the Armstrong house and it was for him that Nick and Irys now had a sibling relationship.

His name was Jake. Irys was the Earth and Jake was her sun, and when Jake left, Irys sank.

She took another shot when she began to think about him again, and was partially grateful when someone called her and distracted her.

"Hi, Irys." She recognized him, it was Luke, a friend of Adam. "How's going?"

"It could be better. You?"

"Good, ehm... I wanted to ask you something."

"What?" she asked with a bored tone. Irys didn't know him just as Adam's friend, but also as the guy who was trying to get a date with her.

"Do you have someone to go to the school dance with?" he asked nervously, she denied with her head.

"I was thinking-"

"No, no. Stop. Do you really think that I would do with you?" she chuckled at his expression. She then stood up and left.

"Sorry, Luke but I have a reputation to protect."

————

When Diana sent Irys a message telling her to meet urgently at the abandoned house and she had replied that she would not come, Diana showed up at her house with the car and with Cassie in it.

"It's important" was all Diana said and Irys sat listlessly in the back seats.

Once the three of them entered into the house, tbey heard a noise and both of Diana and Irys slowly walked father in. Both sighed in relief seeing that it was just Faye.

"Oh, it's just you."

"Disappointed? Imagine me realizing the only way to get something to move is with my actual hands" Faye complained, while Adam appeared.