ch. 3 | bound.

episode two, bound.

That was the second day in a row that Irys was staying with the Armstrong boy. She was in the kitchen on the ground floor when she saw Melissa running out of the house with an angry expression on her face.

"What did he do this time?" Irys yelled without having an answer back.

Irys was the only one in the group who knew about their friends-with-benefits relationship. She had never said a word about it, but she had never liked it. Nick was in his teens and was a handsome boy. "He has his family genes" was what Irys always repeated. But Melissa was a girl who deserved more than Nick.

She was falling in love with him and Irys had seen it arrive for weeks now.

After Melissa slammed the front door, Irys put down her cup of coffee with cookies and climbed the stairs to Nick's room. That's when she heard the sound of something glass break.

She quickly entered the room only to find that the window had just been shattered. Irys approached Nick and watched Cassie run out of her bedroom. It was her, there was magical energy in the air.

"What an amazing way to start a new day."

————

Incredible to say, that day, Chris Glaser had decided to skip school to hang out with Irys.

It had been about a year since the two witches had started spending more time together, both because she was friends with his little sister, and because Chris and Irys were the older ones in the circle.

As usual they met at the abandoned house. Irys arrived first and waited for him in the "relax" area on the sofa.

"You know, I thought you were kidding me."

She heard him giggling as he climbing the stairs. "Oh, no. How can I deny such an inviting invitation from you?"

Chris finally appeared before her.

"The blondie broke Nick's window this morning. There was energy scattered everywhere."

"I thought you liked to feel magic energy's power." Chris came closer, grabbed her legs, sat down on the couch and put them back on his own. Then he started making her little scratches.

"Yeah, I like power" she affirmed, "But I don't like her."

"Is this really the reason?" he asked, making her narrow her eyebrows.

"What are you trying to ask me, Christopher?" Irys asked him confused. "You know I'm not like Faye, I like power and fun as long as no one gets hurt."

"So you are worried about Nick?"

Irys studied his face as Chris began to stretch his hand along her legs. That day she was wearing a mini denim skirt with a pink crop top.

When she understood his little joke, she smirked.

"Aren't you jealous of Nicky, are you?"

"I don't like competition." The two of them were now really close to each other, sexual attraction grew between them more and more.

"It was just one time, you know how I feel about Nick. He's like a little brother to me" Irys whispered with doe eyes.

If Irys was the only one in the group who knew about Nick and Melissa's friends-with-benefits relationship, absolutely no one knew about Irys and Chris' one.

Well, maybe Faye knew something.

"Will you stand still or do you want to do something else?" she questioned, a devilish look and smirk on her face.

Chris didn't waste another second. He pressed his lips on hers, while Irys surrounded his waist with her legs. Chris picked her up and carried her to the only bedroom in the abandoned house, where they spent the whole morning.

————

Irys had decided to spend that day completely out like this, after passing by home to take a cool shower – for obvious reasons – and to change into a pair of jeans, she went to the sea fair.

The young girl had stopped in front of a stall selling crystal jewelry, and for this she had immediately attracted her attention. She looked at the necklaces, caressing the stones gently with her hand.

In the eyes of the others it might seem that she was only bewitched by the crystals, but in reality Irys wanted to understand if they were true or not.

She felt energy only in a pendant: the chain was golden and the crystal was white. It looked like quartz to her, but she didn't know what kind of quartz it was.

"You always have a good eye on jewelry, Irys."

Irys turned her head and saw Henry Chamberlain in front of her. A smile appeared on her lips.

"Henry!" she said and hugged him. Henry have always been really kind to her, he have treated Irys almost as his own granddaughter, especially after the boat fire.

"I didn't know you were in town" Irys exclaimed.

"I arrived this morning. I have something to do and I wanted to see how my girls were going" Henry explained quickly referring to her and Faye. Then he picked up the necklace that Irys had set her eyes on.

"Mmh, do you know what kind of quartz is this?" Irys denied with her head. "It's Lemurian Quartz. It helps to connect with your own conscious."

Irys smiled at him. "Interesting."

Before she could say anything else, Henry bought it for her. "Do not object, take it as a gift" he said giving her necklace.

"You are the kindest person I know, you know that right?"

Henry chuckled a little. "Go, have fun with your friends. Faye is right there."

Irys quickly greeted Henry and hurried to join Faye and Melissa, that were using magic to win at the ring toss. The Morel girl arrived at the same time as Nick, who took the opportunity to scared Melissa.

"Boo!"

Nick came up right behind them making Melissa missed her next throw.

"I win!" Faye smirked.

"He broke my concentration" Melissa frowned.

"Okay, I'm bored" Faye stated turning to Irys. "Where have you been? Since when you skip school without me?"

"I have high grades, I can afford."

"Now, I'm bored" Melissa said.

"Let's turn it up a notch. Follow me, ladies."

Nick began to walk without looking back, and the girls followed him, not realizing that Henry Chamberlain had been watching them the whole time.