Chapter 4: Restrain The World

Start from the beginning

It was a huge beast covered in long black fur. The beast had a gigantic mouth covered in rows of sharp teeth. Its eyes were gleaming dots of orange light with a matching diamond shaped eye between the rows of orange dots. Its arms and feet covered in strange ruins with blood red mist pouring out of them.

Y/n gulped had the sight of the menacing beast. He had read about it in a book. It was a guardian spirit formed from the earth itself. It was called upon by the ancient ancestors to guard their most treasured objects.

Those who had the misfortune of meeting these beasts, never came back to recite their tales to others. Y/n cursed at his bad luck. Seriously, sometimes it felt like the whole world was out to get him. 

However, the beast was an ill-mannered, sexist and racist against white people.... Sorry, my tongue starts slipping when I am overly frustrated. As I was saying the beast who was diligently performing his assigned duties, lunged at me.

I jumped out of the way as it swiped its claws, slicing several trees in half. I was about to cast my magic when it let out an ear-piercing scream. I covered my ears as I felt my ear drums being torn open when suddenly everything went eerily quiet. I slowly opened my eyes, only to find the beast missing from its original position. 

I felt perplexed before my senses kicked into overdrive as I jumped out of the way. I turned and saw the beast landing on the place where I was standing before. Had I not moved out of the way, I would have been flattened like a piece of paper. 

The beast growled in anger before charging at me. This time, however, I was prepared. I slammed my hands on the ground and casted my magic.

Gaia Magic: Flora Series

First Spell: Root Bind

The ground shook as giant vines shot out and restrained the beast. It tried struggle out of its bindings, but the vines only tightened in response. Realizing the futility of its attempts, it opened its massive jaws, ready to let out another shrill scream. 

Unfortunately for it, Y/n had already predicted its next move as he flicked his hand, making the vines wrap around the beast's mouth before shutting it close. 

Y/n: Alright, be a good boy and stay there.

Y/n walked away with a smug look on his face. He quickly made his way into the temple and started searching around for the artifact. Y/n knew his magic wouldn't last long and the beast would definitely not be happy when it finds out Y/n snooped around and stole the artifact it was guarding for centuries. 

Y/n finally managed to find the artifact which was embedded in the wall of the temple.

It was an ancient tome. Y/n huffed before an amused smile danced on his lips. He couldn't believe this little thing made his walk around this nightmarish land for about two weeks. He shook his head before reaching out for the decades old book.