The Beginning

'Kring-kring!' the school bell rang as the gates opened. It was the first day of St. Jade's High School for girls. The students raced in and went straight to their classes. You might b wondering why they went straight to their class on the first day of school. Well, St. Jade's only excepts smart students and I'm sure you guessed that the students are very disciplined. Their teachers believed that time is very valuable and shouldn't be wasted. The students are very serious and studious. Like other schools, there are groups of students. The goody two shoes, the rich mean ones, and of course the underdogs. The new ones naturally join the underdogs. One of them was Letitia or Lea. Lea was 16 and lived with her aunt. Her father died in a car crash when she was 11 which resulted in her being in a coma for 4 years. She had a twin but was separated when her twin was adopted. She never met her twin after waking up from the coma. She had been pretty lonely ever since. She was homeschooled for two years. Her aunt discovered that she was very smart for her age and decided it was best to send her to St. Jade's.

The new students had to report themselves to the headmistress's office. Unfortunately for Lea, she was late and made a bad impression. Imagine getting detention on your first day! It wasn't new in this school. Lea couldn't have lunch on that day. She didn't dare to disobey the headmistress so she just said sorry and went to her class. Lea got into the first class and the kids there were the best of the best. You might think she was lucky but she was the opposite. No new underdog wants to be in the first class because the others won't treat you nicely.

The class was super quiet when Lea walked in. She wasn't exactly welcomed. There was already a teacher in the class and it seemed like everyone was waiting for her. They didn't look too happy about it. "Attention everyone!" the teacher begins "we have a new student joining us this year. I hope that you will cooperate and I don't want to hear any bad remarks about our class" she stopped for a minute and looked at Lea then said "especially bully" Lea felt uncomfortable when all eyes were on her.

The teacher looked at Lea and said "Introduce yourself" Lea hesitated but eventually introduced herself upon catching the teacher's stern look. "urm... Hi, I'm Letitia Jones. I hope we can be friends" some chuckled at her last statement. A girl at the back looked at her strangely and another girl looked surprised when she told them her name. "what school was she from miss?" a girl asked. The teacher looked at Lea and she knew the question was for her. "I was homeschooled by my aunt," she said. Another girl asked "does she match our standards miss?" some smirked while some gave her pitiful looks. Lea felt her cheeks turning red. The teacher cleared her throat and glared at the girl "she might be smarter than you Danielle, that is if you are even smart enough to be equal to her" the others chuckled and Danielle looked mad as her pride was hurt. The teacher continued "As most of you might have already known, I'm Miss Potter your homeroom teacher. I will be teaching you Maths and English. These two subjects are very important and I don't approve of marks below 85" the students gulped at this. "I'm very strict when it comes to my classes. Anyone who skips any of my classes without a good reason will get what they deserve. Do it more than three times and you will be sent to another class" upon saying this she looked at the group of girls at the back. "have I made myself clear?" "Yes, miss!" everybody except one girl answered. "Yes, Isa. May I know what your problem is?" Miss Potter looked at Isa. Lea turned and looked at the girl called Isa. 'it was her who looked surprised when I introduced myself. She looks very familiar' thought Lea. "How do you expect us to not get less than 85 when all we've been doing is playing around? I can get more than that even without your classes Miss Potts" everyone gasped as Isa said this. Miss Potter was known as a very strict woman and nobody talks back to her except Isa. She even dared to call Miss Potter Miss Potts. Miss Potter was about to give Isa a piece of her mind when the class was interrupted by Mister Leonard their science teacher. Miss Potter gave Isa a murderous look before leaving the class. Talk about timing!