0.3

Mazeki's Subconscious, Unidentified

ANGELS AND DEMONS were always at war, polar opposites to one's uneducated eyes. However when you looked to the devil, you'd more then often forget that he too were once a graceful angel. In truth the only difference between an angel and demon, were the punishment and reward for your crimes.

Groggily the heretic forced enough energy into her body to sit upright, her fingers flexing at her sides, and her jaw tense as she took in the scenery around her with a grain of salt and forfeit.

There were ice forming on the roof tops of well made huts, and the first snow of the season had layered the ground with a powdered white surface the blinded Mazeki momentarily. Starring out at the familiar memory of her childhood, She was quick to stand at the sound of her own voice echoing off the trees.

Her back and legs were damp with melted snow, and for the first time in what would be centuries, she could feel as the cold ice air bite at her ears and nose. Though she couldn't tear herself away from the sight in front of her long enough to wipe the feeling away.

A smaller version of herself ran through the snow, her shoes were not nearly made well enough for the activities she had planned, nor were her dress. However she cared none, immediately crouching and balling up a small ball of perfect snow in her palms. Brushing away her braids over her shoulders as she did.

"Elijah, you swore me a rematch from our last game!" She bellowed over her shoulder, catching the eyes of a much smaller and scrawnier version of the original. His nose and cheeks were flushed pink, and he had a small Kol and Niklaus trailing behind him.

"Oh, sister may I play too?" Kol wondered excitedly, rushing over to his sister who smiled at the younger boy, in complete endearment. she reached over and placed the ball of snow in his bare hand.

"You must be your best, your game shall reflect me you willy fox." She stood and ruffled his hair, earning sour noises from the boy as he backed up.

The Heretic stared stonefly at the sight, her lips slightly parted and exhaling a small bit of hot hair into the chill breeze. She turned her back to the sight, the familiar joined laughter and yells echoing behind her.

As though the world warped to the same emotions she herself did, a large snow fall began to surround her, and a cool fog filled what little area the snow couldn't. She wiped her face in a forceful fashion, stepping only a foot forward before she caught sight of something shining red from inside the snow fall.

Racing to get to it, her eyes caught sight of a small knife buried in the rising piles of snow. The knife was intricately crafted with delicate symbols, and a solidified rose having turned eternal around it, as well as its thorns. Mazeki cautiously crouched down to reach for it, though hesitating to reach for the knife.

Just as the tips of her fingers brushed the fine leather on the handle, a larger hand subsided her own, picking it up and away from her. She looked up in confusion, only to fall back at she met the malicious eyes of her youngest brother.

Kol was bent at the knees, the knife loosely held in his grip as he met the disoriented eyes of his sister. "You've lost your touch Mazie, blinded by love."

"Kol..." she breathed his name so softly that it were barely heard, fear and sadness smothered her irises as she swallowed thickly.

"She's the key you know?" He held up the knife, tilting his head as the knife shattered into floating pieces, only to reform as a small key. The blonde Heretic moved to sit forward, only to fall back at the pressure on her wrists. She furrowed her brows, looking at the new handcuffs locked tightly into her skin.