ceilings

It was another rainy night in Jackson, which meant movie night. You love a good movie from time to time, but honestly, having the same 10 on repeat is getting kind of old. One can only watch Mrs. Doubtfire so many times before getting sick of it.
You lingered out of the darkened room unnoticed, out the doors and onto the porch, which luckily was empty. There was something about rain that was so calming to you. Especially when it's still warm outside, so the rain itself is warm too. You sat on the stairs of the porch, letting your feet hang out into the rain. It was so quiet, just you and the rain. For a moment, there was no concern of infected or the insanely fucked up world lying outside of the walls of Jackson.
Your silence was interrupted however, the hinge of the door behind you squeaking as it opened. You turned around and met the eyes of Ellie Williams, your heart fluttering slightly just at the sight of her.
"Oh shit sorry. I didn't mean to interrupt." She frantically turned around, as if to go back into the building.
"No! No, it's fine." You professed, secretly wishing she would stay.
"I was just trying to get away from everything." She rubbed her hand on the back of her neck, turning around to explain.
"Yeah me too. I don't think I can ever watch Mrs. Doubtfire again."
"Oh my god, tell me about it." She chuckled breathily, walking towards the stairs on which you were sat and plopped beside you, also dangling her feet into the rain.
Somehow, her presence managed to calm you and make your heart race at the same time.
"I love the rain." She said quickly, looking at you for a response.
"Me too. It's so calming." You replied honestly.
She smiled softly, playing with her fingers almost like she was nervous. "I can go back inside if you want, I didn't mean to disturb your peace or whatever."
"No I swear, you're fine." You laughed slightly before continuing, "You're good company." You said the second part a little more quietly.
"Wanna do something fun?" She said quickly, standing up besides you.
"Sure? What exactly do y-"
"Don't ask, just take my hand." Your heart fluttered as she held out her hand for you to grab which of course; you did. She grabbed your hand a dragged you out from the shelter of the porch's overhang into the pouring rain.
"Ellie!" You gasped as the rain immediately soaked through your clothes.
"Oh come on! A little water never hurt anybody." She laughed at your shocked reaction. You kind of looked like an angry puppy. It was cute, though.
"I'm gonna get you Williams." You charged at her, your sneakers splashing in the puddles of rain.
"I'd like to see you try Y/L/N!" She took off without anther second of hesitation, both of you laughing and shouting at each other as you started to close the gap. She slowed her run as you made it to the limits of Jackson, the walls preventing her from escaping.
"Damn Ellie." She laughed as you leaned against the wall, huffing and puffing. You looked at her smiling, but your smiled quickly faded as she walked closer to you, a look of uncertainty on her face. "Ellie? What's wr-"
Before you could even finish your sentence, she grabbed the back of your neck and pulled you in to her, your lips instinctively smashing together. Her other arm wrapped around your waist, pulling you closer to her. She pulled away, looking nervous.
"Ellie, I-"
"Shit. I'm so sorry, I shouldn't have done that."
"Shut up." You blurted without thinking. Her face looked completely drained of color, afraid of what you were going to say next. "Shut up and kiss me again."