"Yup! Same time same place. See yah, Y/n." She exits happily with a one-armed wave. Your eyes linger on the door as it shuts softly behind her.

A soft smile remains on your face as you relive the event that just occurred. If it weren't for such poor conditions, you could see her becoming a close friend of yours.

All of a sudden, your heart falls to your feet. Yuqi. Your closest friend in the world. How is she doing? Has she thought about you? Does she know that you are currently missing?

Your chest aches dreadfully as fresh, warm tears pool in your eyes. This whole time, you were so caught up with your new life with your soulmates that you forgot about your best friend. She must have gone to your favorite restaraunt without you. Maybe she's made new best friends.

What about Hyunjin? Another friend you've forgotten! Though, you were not as close to him as you were to Yuqi. Your heart  mourns the lack of people in your life. It seems like the only person you have now is the nurse, Lianna, and even she hardly counts. She may be nice to you, but in this situation, you could never be friends.

Remembering Lianna's words, you stop the flow of your tears. The doctor should be arriving within half an hour. Well, so you think. There's still no clock in your room, which is actually now something you consider a positive. Staring at a clock all day would drive you insane.

The agony in your heart remains, but begins to dwindle as you distract yourself. The number seven still shines in its dullness. Rolling your eyes, you sigh and lean your head against the backboard. Thankfully, you do not have to use the restroom yet. That would ruin this semi-peaceful moment.

After several more minutes, another knock sounds at your door. Your body flinches as you are ripped from your thoughts. You assume the doctor to be on the other side, so your irritation returns.

"Come in!" You call out.

"I wasn't asking for permission." He states shortly.

"I know." You reply with a cheesy grin. Today seems like a fantastic day to get on his nerves. Whatever he is here to do will become a harder task for him. At least until he brings out the needle. "What's the deal for the day, Doc?" You ask him.

He places his items down on the table after he closes the door behind himself. "Today is your first day of testing. Isn't that exciting?"

"Maybe for the person getting paid." You snip with wandering eyes.

"Then that sounds like good news for me!" He cheers as he picks up his clipboard. You scoff and lean your head back onto the board.

"Where are your little friends?" You ask innocently.

"They should be here in a minute or so, and they are not little." He defends them.

"Right. I bet they aren't." You draw out. He furrows his eyebrows and shakes his head at your indecent comment.

"You have soulmates, and half of them are here." He slightly distracts himself.

"I know, and they aren't little like your friends are." You continue, grossly.

"My friends aren't little!" He stomps his foot like a child.

Shrugging your shoulders at him, you chirp, "Whatever you say!"

As if they overheard your conversation, the two oaf-like doctors knock on the door and enter. Their eyes see their coworker first and then at you. You smile at them and offer a restricted wave. The mindless doctor waves in return as the stoic one greets you with a head nod.

"Are you guys little?" You ask them seriously. The doctor's assistants look at each other with a confused expression as Minghao scoffs aloud.

"Would you stop bothering my assistants?" He sends a glare your way, but you keep your focus on the two men ahead.