Meeting the Guardians

Bắt đầu từ đầu

Tsuki: Oh, trust me, kid, they're real, all right. I personally never met the tooth fairy, but I did meet Santa Claus. He was alright, a bit too jolly for me, but he was nice.

Back with the kids, they were about to cross the road.

Momoko: Look, guys, I know kitsunes aren't real, but it's fun to learn about these cool creatures.

Back with Tsuki, who leaps from the trees and lands on top of a nearby pole. Though she tried to keep a neutral face, it was clear that the annoyance was slipping out, though she managed to cover it back up.

Tsuki: Wow. I had faith in you, kid. Kitsunes aren't real, yet there's one standing right here.

The kids began crossing the road. But before they can reach the other side of the street, Momoko drops her book in the middle of the road. Once she reaches the sidewalk, she notices that her book is gone. She turns around and sees it. She quickly runs back to go get it. However, an oncoming car was coming, and the driver wasn't paying attention since they were looking at their phone. The car was coming towards Momoko.

Kyosuke: *Notices the car* MOMOKO! WATCH OUT!

Tsuki's eyes widen at this. In an instant, she quickly created a fireball in her pE and blasted it at the car's front tire. The driver feels the impact and immediately steps on the brakes. Just in time as Momoko notices the car stop just several inches from her face. Momoko was left standing there in complete fear and shock. Her friends turned to see more cars coming her way.

Brown-Haired Boy: Momoko! Get out of there! NOW!

Unfortunately, the poor girl was paralyzed by fear to move. It was then that Tsuki had an idea. With a snap of her fingers, a small blue flame appeared on the tip of her index claw.

Tsuki: Just a single spark of courage is enough to ignite the fires of bravery in someone.

She flicked the blue flame, and it made its way toward Momoko, landing just above her head. Little bits of blue embers fall from the flame and enter Chelsea. All of a sudden, all the fear was gone from her face and was replaced by determination. In a swift motion, Momoko made a run for it, just as the cars were about to hit her. Momoko finally made it to the sidewalk and let out a huff.

Yuki: Holy smokes! Are you ok, Momoko?

Brown-Haired Girl: That was seriously dangerous! You could've gotten hurt!

Momoko: I'm sorry, guys. I didn't mean to scare you all. I can't explain it, but I somehow got the courage to make a run for it.

Kyosuke: Yeah, you're normally not that bold.

Yuki: Look, all that matters is that you're safe. Just don't do that again. Now, come on, let's go now.

Once they got themselves all cleared up, they all started walking away. Tsuki, who is still standing on top of the pole, smiles down at the kids. She was happy she managed to save that little girl. At the same time, she was happy she gave her that spark of courage she needed. She looked up at the sky and saw the sun. Knowing that it must be night time back in Burgess. With the time zones and all. She thought about a certain winter spirit and decided to pay him a little visit.

Tsuki: I guess it's time to visit my buddy, Jack.

With that, Tsuki opened her parasol as she jumped from the tree. Thanks to her parasol, Tsuki flew through air as she glided past the children and on her way towards her destination.

It was already nighttime in the town of Burgess. And somewhere in a small house, a little boy named Jamie was in his room with his little sister, Sophie.