Medusa

-Y/n's POV-

Walking trough the store I looked around noticing the layers of dust built up on the statues. One particular statue, of all, caught my attention. It represented a girl with an Easter basket. She had a little hat and a dress with an apron. She looked terrified. The statue had bite marks, made from a snake and the eyes looked like they were forced open.

The gears in my head started turning. Statues. Scared expression. Snake bites. The front had drachmas, so that meant Greek creature. That could only be a Gorgon. Was it Medusa? Oh no we were in trouble...

I ran back and saw Grover. Grabbing his hand I saw his eyes squeezing shut. Maybe he already knew about Medusa.

"Grover open your eyes. It's me, Y/n. We're in trouble." I said and he opened one eye.

"Oh" he signed "It's you."

"Yea, it's me. Now we have to find the others. We're in Medusa's lair." I said.

"I know. Let's go."

We split up and started running.

-Annabeth's POV-

I was walking looking at the statues, when a lady grabbed my shoulder. She was scared out of her mind and tears were falling from her eyes.

"Get out! She's coming!" She yelled.

"What!? Who?" I asked

"We stopped--d-directions. My poor husband!" She grabbed my hand and started pulling me somewhere. "Help me! Please, help me! Please, we have to leave before she finds us!"

"Who?" I asked

"She turned my husband to stone!" Oh my... Medusa!

-Y/n's POV (at the same time)-

I jumped up on a statue and started running on their heads. My hearing was better. I could hear even the quietest sounds. I ran, listening to the sound of Annabeth's voice. When I reached her I saw a woman clutching her hand. She was crying and yelling.

"She turned my husband to stone!" The lady said running.

"Don't move." A woman wearing all black, with a cloth covering her hair and sun glasses said. "Well this is a fabulous surprise. It's so...heartening to have such young visitors."

The old lady wrapped her hand tighter around Annabeth's wrist.

The woman dressed in black continued talking. "We get so lonely here. Don't we?" Hissing was heard from her. That definitely was Medusa. "That's why I make my statues. They're my only company, daughter of Athena"

"How do you know me?" Annie asked

"You have such beautiful hair. I once had hair like that" She started touching Annabeth's hair. "But that changed" She pulled at Annie's hair "because of your mother - the woman who cursed me. Who turned me..." She started unwrapping the cloth around her head. I saw a snake peaking out and yelled.

"Close your eyes!" But no one seemed to notice. I tried to warn Annabeth and said "Annabeth close your eyes."

As if on command I heard Annabeth yell "Don't look!" And hers and the lady's eyes shut.

"...INTO THIS!" Medusa finished. I closed my eyes at the hissing of snakes. "They say the eyes are windows to the soul. I hope you find my eyes...attractive."

The sakes were rattling and hissing on her head. I had to save Annabeth, but Medusa's words cut my train of thoughts. "So rude, not looking people in the eyes. Come on...sneak a little peak"