Going on my first quest

f/c -- favourite colour
-Percy's POV-

The next morning, Chiron moved me to cabin three.

My lessons with Y/n became one-on-one. She pushed me harder than ever, and wasn't afraid to bruise me up in the process.

"You're going to need all the training you can get," she promised, as we were working with swords and flaming torches. "Now let's try that viper-beheading strike again. Fifty more repetitions."

-Y/n's POV-

Me and Annie agreed to guide Percy on his quest. We started packing our bags and making a whole plan. After we prepared we went to the  big house and hid. Annabeth with her invisibility cap and I in a tree's leaves. We sneaked up behind Chiron and started waiting.

"-responsible for a hero's actions." I heard Chiron say.

"You're saying I'm being used."

"I'm saying it's no accident Poseidon has claimed you now. It's a very risky gamble, but he's in a desperate situation. He needs you."

Percy looked at Chiron. "You've known I was Poseidon's son all along, haven't you?"

"I had my suspicions."

"So let me get this straight," Percy said. "I'm supposed go to the Underworld and confront the Lord of the Dead."

"Check," Chiron said.

"Find the most powerful weapon in the universe."

"Check."

"And get it back to Olympus before the summer solstice, in ten days."

"That's about right."

Percy looked at Grover, who gulped down the ace of hearts.

"Did I mention that Maine is very nice this time of year?" he asked weakly.

"You don't have to go," Percy told him. "I can't ask that of you."

"Oh ..." Grover shifted his hooves. "No ... it's just that satyrs and underground places ... well..." He took a deep breath, then stood, brushing the shredded cards and aluminum bits off his T- shirt. "You saved my life, Percy. If ... if you're serious about wanting me along, I won't let you down."

"All the way, G-man." Percy turned to Chiron. "So where do we go?"

"The entrance to the Underworld is always in the west. It moves from age to age, just like Olympus. Right now, of course, it's in America."

"Where?"

Chiron looked surprised. "I thought that would be obvious enough. The entrance to the Underworld is in Los Angeles."

"Oh," Percy said. "Naturally. So we just get on a plane—"

"No!" Grover shrieked. "Percy, what are you thinking? Have you ever been on a plane in your life?"

Percy shook his head and to be honest I'm going to feel so embarrassed if I was in his place.

"Percy, think," Chiron said. "You are the son of the Sea God. Your father's bitterest rival is Zeus, Lord of the Sky. Your mother knew better than to trust you in an airplane. You would be in Zeus's domain. You would never come down again alive."

Overhead, lightning crackled. Thunder boomed.

"Okay," Percy said. "So, I'll travel overland."

"That's right," Chiron said. "Three companions may accompany you. Grover is one. The other two have already volunteered, if you will accept their help."