Chapter Seventeen

The dance performance went exceptionally well, considering how much Donghyuck struggled to practice. That's what the boy disliked the most―he put a lot of effort into learning the choreography perfectly, almost suffering, only to dance for about 3 minutes. Those minutes were so short that Donghyuck couldn't even feel ecstasy. The boy compared it to very bad and quick sex with an even worse ending―a guy railing him finishes and even thanks him, meanwhile, he's stuck, unable to come.

All the faces were, as always, drowned in the dark, which made it hard to spot anyone. Donghyuck couldn't even see Jeno and Noram even though he promised to wave to the kid. There were too many dancers. He did, after the performance but he wasn't sure if Noram saw it. Who the kid obviously saw had to be Mark, as he always was at the center.

Speaking of Mark, there was always tension around him and Donghyuck whenever they stood close to each other. The younger noticed it but didn't point it out, instead, he acted normally and asked the senior if he was nervous, or something like that. It seemed like Mark was surprised by Donghyuck's sociability. He chuckled, then replied.

"I'm always nervous."

"I'm not!" Donghyuck laughed. "I'm excited!"

Going behind the scenes, Donghyuck and other dancers, catching their breaths began sharing their experience. The brunette also got asked a few questions, but he just said something shortly, smiling apologetically as he turned to the exit.

Stepping outside with just a simple T-Shirt, he took a deep breath and leaned on the wall. He needed to recover after the dance. Exhaustion seized him just as the performance had finished, and now he felt like he would faint. Donghyuck feared experiencing other pregnancy symptoms and that would happen way sooner than he expected. The boy knew a lot about morning sickness and wasn't that terrified, as he was already throwing up because of stress and anxiety. What scared him, however, had to be the change in his body and mood swings. He didn't want to become unattractive and unbearable.

Donghyuck returned just in time. A final performance was about to start in a few minutes. Excitement filled the boy's heart as he loved the feeling of returning to the stage with more to show. But he also felt upset, because this was his final performance before he could devote himself to a baby for the rest of the months.

Holding on to the front seats, Donghyuck kept digging his nails into the fabric as he moved up and down on Jeno's lap. Once in a while, a throaty moan came out of his mouth, and he threw his head back to enjoy a special moment. His boyfriend, who also wasn't the quietest, grunted in response and then rushed to kiss Donghyuck's neck, sending shivers down the latter's spine.

They were in Jeno's car but not even to a remote place. They were in a parking lot of the mall. All four had to go in, but Donghyuck and Jeno got their priorities. If Donghyuck awarded Jeno for winning the baseball game, Jeno returned the same after a successful performance at the Christmas carnival. Although both of them could just have sex whenever they agreed, they kind of liked the idea of rewarding each other.

"Enjoy this while you can," Donghyuck said, pulling up his pants. "We won't be able to do it soon."

"You're already insecure?"

"I'm terrified," the brunette scoffed. "I can't even imagine eating for two."

"I'll support you!"

"And compliment me for eating so much."

"Of course!"

For some reason, it wasn't that hard for Donghyuck to believe Jeno's words. Maybe because he had already shown how much he cared for the brunette. Thousands of times. His eyes and actions mirrored his adoration.