Chapter Nine

"I'm just wondering," Donghyuck sighed as he looked at his future son, who peacefully ate breakfast. "Have you seen me with a boyfriend? Am I even seeing someone in your time?"

Noram didn't even stop to think. He shook his head, making Donghyuck's ego drop.

"For real? I have no lover?"

That was karma for someone who was messing with baseball players.

"There is this one man who sometimes visits us. But I doubt that he's your boyfriend, Papa."

"Who is he?"

"You call him Mr. Kim. When he comes to our house, he always brings me candy and asks me to go out. I'm not allowed to return home until he leaves," Noram said with so much innocence. "I don't like him. He's ugly, and you are always tired when he leaves. You're not happy too! That's why I don't think he's your boyfriend."

Donghyuck agreed with Noram. That Mr. Kim man must be the Future Donghyuck's client, hearing the details from the boy. But it was great that Noram had no idea that his Papa had more jobs. Not only was he an exotic dancer and convenience store employee, but he was also a prostitute for a man.

Donghyuck couldn't imagine his future like this. Therefore, he was more determined to change it.

🕐

The brunette had to tell about Noram living with him Renjun and Jaemin since noticed it could be the right time.

Both his friends scolded him for doing that, but then faced the facts just when Donghyuck threw lies at their faces.

"It must be nice to have a brother. Older or younger, it doesn't matter," Renjun whined as he lazily stared at the people on the stage.

"Sometimes it's annoying as heck, sometimes, it's awesome," Donghyuck shrugged. "Having a younger brother is way easier than having a kid, though."

Donghyuck was speaking from his experience. His younger brother was nothing compared to the little Asian male version of Dora the Explorer he had left in the library this morning. Noram was very curious about things, asked many questions, and sometimes was blind as fuck. Right, just like Dora.

"I think it's the same," Jaemin disagreed. He obviously had no experience, then. "Younger siblings act like babies. At least in movies."

"They just like being spoiled. I hit and annoy mine," Donghyuck smirked, recalling the memories.

"We can tell."

Renjun and Donghyuck exchanged glares but soon shifted their eyes on the stage. That day was very boring. They had to listen to others singing when Donghyuck could do some better things than that.

For example, plan the nearest future.

"Renjun, you just started renting a house, right?"

"What's with sudden interest? Wanna throw a party?" his friend asked without even looking at him.

"No, but I wonder if you can take Noram with you for a while..."

Now Renjun couldn't help but turn at Donghyuck. Maybe even too fast as the brunette heard a weird sound in Renjun's neck.

"Why?"

"I have some plans," Donghyuck smirked, remaining mysterious.

"Are you back at chasing dicks?"

"Maybe..."

"Donghyuck, stop being a hoe and don't pleasure those fucks. They think they're really popular just because they play baseball."