Chapter Two

Donghyuck ran away from there. He vanished from there just as he realized how crazy everything sounded so far. That kid... That kid was giving him goosebumps.

His heartbeat increased as he looked over his shoulder and saw the boy chasing him. Donghyuck never had thought he would have to run away from a kid smaller and weaker than him. But here he was, running as if his life depended on that.

Just as Donghyuck saw the gates of his dorm, he felt relieved. The student sped up and was about to run there when suddenly he heard a thud followed by a loud cry. Looking over his shoulder once again, he saw that the boy named Noram now was on the ground crying his eyes out as he seemingly got hurt.

The student glanced at the dorms and then at the kid. He really wanted to run away before this boy could creep him out even more. But leaving this defenseless and pretty stupid kid would be reckless.

Donghyuck clicked his tongue and made his way toward the kid. He saw how the latter started crying even more as he stared deeply into Donghyuck's eyes. A scene like that reminded the brunette of how he was doing the same to his mother. Whenever he cried, he looked her in the eyes to find compassion.

"Where did you get hurt?" Donghyuck said as he kneeled in front of him.

"M-My knee!"

Donghyuck looked at the boy's long pants. Somewhere there was a bruise but he couldn't see it.

"Stop crying, Jesus Christ," Donghyuck hissed, getting annoyed by the loud-mouthed kid.

"It hurts too much, Papa! P-please, do something!

"I'm not your papa," Donghyuck groaned. "And I don't even know what to do."

"B-but you know how to treat my bruises! How can my Papa know but you don't?"

"How many papas do you even have?" Donghyuck chuckled, getting weirded out even more.

"One! Wait, I think two!" the boy chirped, forgetting that he was hurt before. "One from the present another from the past! N-no, wait! One from the future and another one is you!"

Donghyuck stared at the kid in disbelief. Then he rolled his eyes.

"Are you high or something? That's not possible."

"What does that mean? What does high mean?" Noram tilted his head with such innocence.

Dang, that expression reminded Donghyuck of something. Noram had facial features and manners like one person the brunette knew but he couldn't grasp who was it.

"Look," Donghyuck whispered as he looked around to see if there were other students outside. Luckily, there was not even a single person around. "I don't know who sent you, but I would be glad if you leave me alone,"

Did Donghyuck really talk like that to a kid? He referred to that boy as if he was a secret agent, hired by someone rich!

"I know that you're confused, Papa. My Papa knew that you'll react like that!"

"Stop. Whatever you're saying right now is not real. Time machines don't exist and they will never be built! You're just playing with my mind, so please, leave. Go to your actual papa and stop messing with me!"

Donghyuck was so into expressing himself that he didn't notice how the boy extended his arm with a photo. Only when the student ended his speech, did he see something that caught his eye. He snatched the photo out of the boy's hand, glared at him, and then took a look.

His breath hitched when he saw himself, but a few years older, more mature. In that photo, Donghyuck was visibly tired, his eyes were less lifeless too... But he was smiling! Smiling as he was holding the boy in his arms. The same boy who was standing in front of Donghyuck at the moment.