"Mom-" She took a deep breath. "can I use your blow dryer?"

Her Mom crossed her eyebrows, giving Rose a weird look as she said. "You want to use my blow dryer?"

"Yes Mom," Rose said casually, taking in another whiff of fresh air as her Mom looked at her with parted lips.

"Honey, your hair isn't wet,"

"Well it will be when I take a bath," Rose said, pursing her lips as she shook her head.

Helen seemed more shocked by the second, her hazel eyes holding confusion. "Yeah sure, second drawer, far left."

Rose gave her Mom a sweet smile. "Thanks Mom,"

Helen nodded her head as she watched Rose get the blow dryer, before rushing out of the room back to her own.

Rose then raced back to the bathroom, plugging in the blow dryer as she held up Aaron's sweater and blow dried it.

She was grateful her Mom didn't come knocking as she usually did when Rose used the blow dryer, but it also double the anxiety that was flowing through her.

By the time she was finished her fingers were slightly blistered and had a few scratches, but other than that, her hands were alright and so was the sweater.

She couldn't wait to see him.

✼✼✼

She didn't see him.

The only one circulating the cafe was Steve, balancing multiple plates on his arms as he moved along the customers.

She couldn't breathe, couldn't breathe, couldn't breathe.

It felt weird not seeing Aaron working at the counter, wiping it clean as he would take her order and work his magic.

And if definitely didn't feel right when Steve jogged to her table, a pen and note pad ready in hand as he asked. "What can I bring for you Ma'am?"

She was used to Aaron's blue stare, not Steve's green one.

"Umm, yeah," She spluttered, a small flush tickling her cheek. "I would like a-"

A small hand patted Steve's shoulder. "No coffee for her Steve, thought I'd tell you that."

Blue, blue, blue eyes.

Aaron let out a little cough as he nodded his head to Rose. "Hey Rose," He greeted, his eyes flickering to Steve -who just stood confused- before he mumbled tired. "What ever she asks you, just tell her no coffee alright?"

Steve looked at Aaron weirdly, his eyes glancing at Rose for a moment. "But she can order whatever she-"

"Just trust me on this one," Aaron seemed tired, rubbing his eyes as he let out a small cough. "for God's sake just listen to me." His blue gaze settled on Rose, smile smile smile. "I've seen what it does to her."

Aaron then looked drained, but he still managed to make himself seem normal and well, but Rose saw right through it.

"I'll leave you to it then," said Aaron before he turned on his heel and left, and Rose could see how tense his chest was.

Steve shook his head before he offered Rose a friendly smile. "So what would you want Ma'am?"

Her eyes were still on Aaron.

She snapped to Steve, already grasping Aaron's neatly folded sweater in her hand as she stood up. "Actually I'm not hungry Steve, thank you for asking though, but may I ask where is Aaron?"