My heart

"Cause I can break my heart myself"

Matthew's POV

Alicia is my kid and yet Avery hid her from me! I kicked her out of our house thinking she cheated on me. My heart aches for Avery to come in here with her blabbering and our kid squeals. I decide to pay a visit to her family's house.

"Avery, please! Just forgive him!" "No mom! He kicked me out in my nightgown! Why should I even give him a chance to see his daughter? Give me a good damn reason why I should!" Avery says. "Well,-" "Well, because I'm her father and all kids deserve a father." I finish for her mother. "Nope, not happening! She has me I took care of her for 3 years with my own money and everything! Matthew did nothing! Mom you did nothing! You just sat there and watch!" Avery says.

"Mama!" Avery bends down and lifts Alicia. "We're going back to Malibu and staying there." I block the door. "Please don't leave me again." I plead. Avery sighs and steps around me. Avery puts Alicia in her chair and closes the door. She gets in the car and they leave. "Avery! Wait!" I run. Her mother cries. Her father holds her mother. The car stops. The driver steps out and pulls Avery out with him. Avery looks at Alica and mouths 'Don't you worry my child. Shush.' The guy unmasked himself...

Ethan Kilsuma

"Ethan doesn't hurt her!" I say. "I won't I just want... her." I take a step forward. "Don't move or she dies." Avery gives me a smile and wink. "Ok." She knees him in his area. She snatches the gun. Ethan smirks. "Oh, Avery I wouldn't shoot if I were you." " What does he mean?" She remained silent. 'I'll tell him then. After she gave birth she went to a club and we banged." She looks away. "Your lying!" He smirks "Oh Evry tell him." She winced and says "It's true." Her outfit is all black.

I look at her in shock. She mouths to Alicia to get in the car. Alicia gets in the car. Avery sighs and looks at Ethan and shoots his leg. Ethan falls on the ground "You bitch-" " Uh-uh your the bitch." Leaving in the car.

I lost her again. I fall to my knees and cry. I remember a song we danced to before we broke up.

There's a girl, but I let her get away

It's all my fault, 'cause pride got in the way

And I'd be lying if I said, I was okay

About that girl, the one I let get away

I keep saying no

This can't be the way it was supposed to be

I keep saying no

There's gotta be a way to get you close to me

Now I know, you gotta speak up if you want somebody

Can't let them get away, oh no

You don't wanna end up sorry

The way that I'm feeling every day

(Don't you know?) No, no, no, no

There's no hope for the broken heart

(Don't you know?) No, no, no, no

There's no hope for the broken

There's a girl, but I let her get away

It's my fault, 'cause I said I needed space

And I've been torturing myself night and day

About that girl, the one I let get away

I keep saying no

This can't be the way it was supposed to be

I keep saying no

There's gotta be a way to get you, gotta be a way to get you close to me

You gotta speak up if you want somebody

Can't let them get away, oh no

You don't wanna end up sorry

The way that I'm feeling every day

(Don't you know?) No, no, no, no

There's no hope for the broken heart

(Don't you know?) No, no, no, no

There's no hope for the broken

No hope for me (no)

No hope 'cause I'm broken

No room to breathe (no)

And I got no one to blame

No home for me (no)

No home 'cause I'm broken

About that girl, the one I let get away

So, you better speak up if you want somebody

You can't let them get away, oh no, no

You don't wanna end up sorry (oh, no)

The way that I'm feeling every day

(Don't you know?) No, no, no, no

There's no home for the broken heart

(Don't you know?) No, no, no, no

There's no home for the broken

Oh, you don't wanna lose that love

It's only gonna hurt too much

(I'm telling you) you don't wanna lose that love

It's only gonna hurt too much

(I'm telling you) you don't wanna lose that love

'Cause there's no home for the broken

About that girl, the one I let get away

I felt heartbroken again. I still remember those words she said.

*Flashback*

She says "Matthew, Love can always happen in any circumstance. With love we and withstand anything." I sigh "How can love make us withstand challenges tho?" "Love is strong! It flies through the sky pairing everybody with someone." She admits. She stood up I stand up. She leans in and places a kiss on my lips. She's right.

She pulls back and says "Matt do you think your family will like me?" "Of course, they will," I say. She smiles and hugs me. I hug her back. "Avery will your family like me?" She giggles and nods. I smirk and lift her. I walk back to my car with her in my arms. She says "Matty, Love will always conquer any challenges." She sounds positive. I shrug and set her in my car. We let sleep consume us.

*End of Flashback*

That day was correct. Love is strong and it conquers anything. I should have spent more time with her when she asked for it. I was always busy with work. Her parents take me in and her mother sighs "Oh Matthew we are so sorry." "It's fine." "Love did always conquer challenges as she said." " Uhm Mrs. Smith I have something to tell you." She looks at me and waves Mr. Smith to come over and sit down.

"Tell us." They say in unison. "One day Avery and I went to the beach and we talked  and she said the same thing." They gasp "She is right about that!" Her father said. "Honey she was always right about something."