She was not breathing. A loud clattering in the hall sounded as I dropped the bottle, my hand going to her neck, as I scrambled to stop the bleeding. I was saying something, I am sure I had been saying something.

Or maybe I was screaming, I don't know, all I could hear was a long beep, like a heart rate flatlining. Tears burning my bloodstained cheeks, cuts in my hands stung and I felt exhausted, like I might just close my eyes with her.

After what felt like hours but was mere minutes of holding my hands against my mother's bleeding neck, I finally removed them. It was gonna do anything.

I got up, hissing as I touched my broken ribs. Nothing felt real in that moment, it had to be a nightmare, I just passed out after today's session. She'll come banging at my door in just a little while, right?

I didn't kill her, I wouldn't kill....anyone. I sat there staring at their bodies for hours, not moving a muscle. But I was wrong, it wasn't a dream, it was real, it was all real, I had killed them, I had killed my mother with my own bare hands.

I was a monster.

It was a nice reminder, me and her, we were destined to end our vile dance together, we were meant to be together, until the bitter end.

Quinn's POV
Something was wrong, I could feel it. As much as I wanted to trust Ana, I couldn't, there was something, in the way she left, that satisfied smile she gave me.

I had tried calling her but it went straight to voicemail. As I sat there in my bedroom, I just couldn't get that picture of her out of my head, standing on the riverbank, covered head to toe in gasoline, ready to light herself on fire.

A part of me wanted to believe that everything was fine, that she was back in the room right now, probably taking a nice hot bath, but the other part, knew that, that would be too good to be true.

Fuck it! I grabbed a jacket and ran out of my house, throwing a flimsy excuse towards my mother, her house, was not hard to locate, the De Niro house was quite famous among high school for their parties.

Walking up the steps to the front door, I hesitantly raised my hand to ring the doorbell, a few seconds later a lady opened the door, "Madame? How can I help you?" The woman's French accent was easily noticeable.

"I'm here to see Anastasia?" The lady's face perked up at her name, "Oh you're the little miss's friend. It's so good to see she has some, no one ever comes over besides the one boy. Come in come in. She is up in her room."

I was led inside and and didn't wait to see anyone else around, and made my way straight upstairs towards her room, but just as I was about to knock on her door I hear voices from across the hall.

Out of curiosity I turn around to see who it was and as it turned out Kai and Alvise were sitting together in the latter's room. I must have made enough noise to catch their attention, suddenly Kai looked up and his eyes widened when he saw me going to enter Ana's room.

Not wanting to meddle in whatever situation they had going on I turned back around and went inside Ana's room, expecting to be on the bed I was surprised when I saw the entire room was empty, the still turned off, was she not here?

The maid had said that she was in her room. I could hear a noise coming, from the room and when I tried to listen hard enough I figured out that it was coming from the bathroom, I walked towards it.

She must be having a bath, but as soon as I came near, I noticed, a squishing beneath my feet, the bath mat was completely soaked, and the sound of the faucet still running. This sent all sorts of alarm bells ringing in my head.

I banged on the door rapidly, "Ana? Ana, open the door please." When no response came I banged on the door harder, "Ana, come on can you please just open the door?" Again no response came, trying my luck I twisted the door handle and surprisingly it opened.

But what was there in front of me, drained all the blood out of me. There was blood, god there was so much blood. And then I screamed, I screamed until I heard footsteps running up the stairs. My body frozen in place.

"What? What's happening?" Mr. De Niro entered the room first, followed by the others. I pointed shakily towards the bathtub, "A-An-Ana!" I stuttered. As he walked towards the bathroom and turned to see what I was referring to, I think I just saw him have a heart attack.

"Oh my god." He whimpered as he ran forward, grabbing Anastasia, dragging her out of the tub, he ran his hand across her a face a few times as he geared up, "Oh my baby girl. Someone call a fucking ambulance." He shouted out the last part.

From behind me, Emilio came rushing in. Grabbing two hand towels and wrapping the, tightly around her wrists. "Get the car ready. Eli, go now." Emilio instructed as Mr. De Niro stayed in place, rocking slightly as he held his daughter crying into her shoulder.

"Dad, come on. You gotta help me out okay." Emilio's voice cracked as he spoke, it was clear that he was holding in his emotions as well, but he had to stay strong for his family.

Taking Anastasia out of her fathers arms, Emilio carried her down the stairs, everyone else following him closely. The only person left standing behind was Kai, as he kept his stare on the bath tub, filled with bloody water.

Not knowing what else to do I went forward, closed the tap, and took out the stopper, letting the tub be drained fully. After that I started to make my way downstairs, Kai met my eyes briefly, he was in shock, I could see that.

But honestly so was I. Maybe I should have said something to comfort him, but god, my mind was blank, working on autopilot, so I left him there. And walked down the stairs.

———————————————

Phew! That was intense!

I was so excited to talk about Anastasia's past, and what happened with her mother!

I hope it was up to your expectations chapters after this would have a little more positive content and I hope this update makes up for the delay.

Do tell me what you guys thought of it and I will see you in the next chapter. Tell me your theories about what would happen?!!

I love you all!!💕💕✨✨