𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

chapter four: for the past year
1.02, second chance at first line

     Spencer sat on her bed, she was home alone. She had to come home to study, and wasn't able to watch the boys practice. But the girl had already studied. Standing to her feet, she walks over to her drawers, picking out her black running shorts, a pink cropped tank top.

Quickly changing into the outfit, Spencer grabs her black zip up hoodie off of the rack on the back of the door. Slipping her arms in the holes, she grabs her phone and car keys, and heads out the back door, but making sure all of the doors in the house were locked.

Shutting the sliding glass door behind her, Spencer looks around the back road that passes their house. Quickly crossing and into the opening in the trees, Spencer goes for a run, practicing for track and flag football.

◂◧ʚ❀ɞ◨▸

     Spencer stopped, she stood in front of a rock that looked vaguely familiar. One that she was stood by not to long ago. With her first run in with Derek Hale. Feeling eyes glaring in the back of her head, she sighs, turning around, her hands on her hips.

She had pulled her hood up, seeing as it had began to sprinkle. Turning around, just as Spencer had suspected, Derek Hale stood behind her, glaring at her, "Private Property." Spencer says, nervously, nodding her head. She was scared of the man. He just had the aura. "Got it." Spencer says, turning on her heels, not wanting to be this close to the man, not without her idiots.

Spencer continues to run, feeling eyes on her until she was out of his eyesight. Sighing, Spencer slows down, her hand going to her forehead. Hearing a ringing, she pulls her phone out her pocket, "Spence, where are you." Stiles asks as soon as Spencer picked up the phone.

"Sorry, I was out for a run." Spencer apologizes, walking forward, not slowly, but not jogging. "Yeah, well it's raining, so get home." Stiles says.

"Yeah." Spencer nods sarcastically, "I feel it." She states. Stiles falls silent, she could've swore she felt his glare through the phone. "Stop glaring at the phone. You look like an idiot." Spencer says. "Shut up." Stiles states, hanging up the phone.

Spencer sighs, stopping in her place, that was where she was covered by a tree. "3, 2, 1." Spencer mutters, and then her phone is ringing again, it was Stiles. Answering it, she puts the phone up to her ear, "I'm sorry." Stiles says, "I love you, I'll see you when you get here." Stiles states.

"It's fine." Spencer says, nodding her head. "I'm headed home now." Spencer tells him. Hanging up the phone, Spencer slips it into her pocket. Feeling eyes on her, she turns around, looking behind and on either side of her. Not seeing anyone, she takes off the way she came.

◂◧ʚ❀ɞ◨▸

     Spencer had just made it home, she was soaked in water. Stripping out of her jacket, she throws it into the laundry room walking by it, making her way to her brothers room, she knocks, and quickly opens the door, hearing Scott's voice.

"Hey, I'm home." Spencer states, wrapping her arms around her brother and leaning down to his level, Stiles yells at the sudden coldness that touches his back. "And wet!" He yells, pushing his sister.

Spencer smirks, "Hey Scotty." She says, giving her brother another hug as he yells again, and takes off running out of Stiles room, "Spencer!!" Stiles calls after her, only to hear her door slam.