scrapped roses stuff

there's talking outside the lab room. a soft, high pitched voice can be heard conversing with golf ball. a few moments later, and golf ball opens the door to this room, allowing someone in.

ice cube notices me first. "coiny!"' she cries, rushing over. she approaches the left side of my bed, being wary of firey. "i heard what happened; are you okay?" i nodded softly. "oh man, to think you and leafy almost died...you guys were my first friends! i can't lose you so soon..." ice cube stares at the ground dejectedly, then looks over at leafy. she gasps; if she had hands she'd be covering her mouth right now. she stares, opened mouthed, and then looks over at me.

"yeah, um...just leave her be for now."

the two of us converse for a while before ice cube says she has to go. "i'll come visit again when leafy's feeling better!"

-------------------------

the losers left golf ball's lab a while ago. the science duo deemed them recovered and they were able to go back to living normally. firey had also recovered–he had an arm cast and a few bandages here and there–but he was fine enough to be on his own. he could leave whenever, but he stayed for a little longer because he did not want to see his teammates at the moment.

beep, beep.

i woke up early in the day. i've been laying in bed, staring at the ceiling for a few hours now.

beep, beep.

fabric shuffles to the right of me. firey's awake now. he sits up; i sit up a moment later.

beep, beep.

it's been a little over 24 hours since leafy stabbed herself. i look over; she's still asleep.

beep, beep.

light from the sunrise leaks into the room. i squint. if the circumstances weren't so grim, i would've enjoyed this atmosphere.

beep, beep.

firey sighs, tapping his fingers on the hard surface of his arm cast. oh my mint, just shut up. i fidget with my hands for a while. i want to say something to firey, but i don't look at him.

beep, beep.

nothing happens for the next few minutes. it's dead silent. the only sound in the room is the beeping of leafy's monitor. i breathe deeply, preparing myself on what to say.

beep, beep.

"leafy almost killed herself because of you."

"what?"

i stared straight ahead. "you heard me."

im not gonna put this in the main fic but we can say these events are canon and actually happened
i wanted these to be the next few chapters but i could not think about how to continue it after that/how to write more, so i'm just jumping straight to the part where leafy feels better.

382 words